Windows 10: preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts

Discus and support preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For internet shortcuts, I'd like to see the created date in the preview details. For that I edit this key :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Feb 3, 2020.

1. trogne Win User

preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts

For internet shortcuts, I'd like to see the created date in the preview details.

For that I edit this key :

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut\PreviewDetails

Because "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.URL" have the default "InternetShortcut".

So in "PreviewDetails", I delete everything except "prop:System.Link.TargetUrl".

Then, after restarting explorer, and even my computer, the preview details still show the same tags.

:)

trogne, Feb 3, 2020

2. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts [​IMG]

HagenPflueger, Feb 3, 2020
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 3, 2020
  4. preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts

"Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts

1. preview details custom data not working for internet shortcuts - Similar Threads - preview details custom

2. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  3. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  4. Custom Shortcuts not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Shortcuts not working in Windows 10: I've worked in Windows 7 until just recently and heavily relied on Windows shortcuts Ctrl-Alt-1 to Ctrl-Alt-6 to quickly switch between my Putty session windows, I simply had the 6 shortcuts on my desktop and added the shortcut within properties. I cannot however get this...
  5. Changing Shortcut Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Shortcut Details: I am unable to run Quicken 2004 on my recently purchased Lenovo laptop. It worked perfectly well on my previous laptop both are Windows 10 OS. Whilst comparing the Details Folder Path of the 2 shortcuts I noticed the Shortcut Details Folder Path on the new laptop needed to be...
  6. Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop: hello, I have a small but annoying problem that I have been ignoring since the beginning of 2018! I have created custom shortcuts e.g. control+ F1, F2 etc. to launch different programs. When I start or restart my computer and I am at the desktop screen [wallpaper screen]...
  7. Internet Shortcuts no longer working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Shortcuts no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  8. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows: How to: Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows How to Customize Details of Shortcut Infotips in Windows [img] Information When you hover over a shortcut of a file, folder, or drive in Windows, a pop-up description) will show displaying basic property details...