Windows 10: Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images

Discus and support Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I am new here. Thanks for beeing part of this community! I bought a new laptop with win 10 home, version 1903. The previous one was also a win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fiuman, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Fiuman Win User

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images

Hi all

I am new here. Thanks for beeing part of this community!

I bought a new laptop with win 10 home, version 1903. The previous one was also a win 10 home edition. In the old one I did not use ONEDRIVE so I could never see the status column. Now I try to remove it forever but it does not work. I can press right button and then remove it, but even if I go to settings and save it for all folders, it appers back :-( It is really annoying seeing the whole time the X sign.s

And my last problem is that I would like to have the photo preview all the time. Even here I tried to fix is under Options - VIEW.... but als there it did not work. When I swith between big and small symbols under images, I see them shortly, but then when I go back I just see the thumbnail without a preview.

Sorry that I cannot explain it better since I am using German version and it is not easy to translate it 1:1.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

:)

Fiuman, Mar 23, 2020

2. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

I verified that the view option "Always show availability status" and "Show status bar" were cleared, but the "Status" column is still showing. I selected the two options, applied the changes and then cleared both of the options and applied the changes,
    but the "Status" column still appears.
    Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 27d0c4f8-ec5e-4d53-bdbd-9a0a8c63181d?upload=true.jpg

As you can see, the parameter is not selected, but the "Status" column is still visible.

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 297fda40-2560-41f4-925e-57b6ae88b7e8?upload=true.jpg

Here are my guesses:

• MS has another bug in the software
    • MS has made the column permanent
    • Changes to what I see in File Explorer are applied, but are not being retained
    • There is another way to turn off the "Status" column

Thanks for your help.

Janet Hunter, Mar 23, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images

"Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in to the folder the "Status column appears again. I've tried rebooted after the change, but the column is
    still there. There is no indication as to what status it's even providing. Is it stating that the folder/file is available, that's it's shared … what? What does a green check mark in the 'Status" column indicate. This issue only pertains to my local folders
    and files. The "Status" column is not even an option for any of the folders and files on the network (please refer to the screen captures).

How do I turn off the "Status" column so that it no longer appears?

"Status column is visible.

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 12b56709-188d-4b02-a711-d8e3fd5e2bad?upload=true.jpg

Changing setting to not see "Status"

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images e28493af-b6a3-46c8-bc2e-a545250d1dce?upload=true.jpg

The "Status" option is no longer selected

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 63926963-2cea-47cb-8484-f124811f3ee2?upload=true.jpg

The "Status" column is no longer visible

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 04a18200-c623-4233-ba93-66d546856b93?upload=true.jpg

When I leave the folder and go back in to it, the "Status" columns appears … AGAIN.

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images ea1d7c51-e2df-46ac-8867-f9bd39880980?upload=true.jpg

Network folders and files without "Status" option

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images 19fff7d0-c4f5-487d-8a95-7b445421d4ac?upload=true.jpg

Janet Hunter, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images

1. Preview image/ removing of status column under documents/images - Similar Threads - Preview image removing

2. Issue with Image previews

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Image previews: Hello allI had recently migrated my OS to a new SSD drive, but now I'm suffering from an issue which is irritating me to no end, that being that image previews are not popping up and only being shown as generic icons, that even includes brand new images I've created and even...
  3. Image Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Preview: SVG and PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-preview/139ae225-5d9b-42bf-b0b1-03d1a8f0bd90
  4. Image Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Preview: SVG and PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-preview/139ae225-5d9b-42bf-b0b1-03d1a8f0bd90
  5. Image Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Image previewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image previewing: can anyone explain the crosses on the image previews and how to remove them please?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-previewing/182b8550-22f9-4198-a569-823471de2216
  7. image preview

in Windows 10 Support
    image preview: i used to be able to hover my curser over a jpeg and it automatically gave me a preview of the picture. why does it no longer work? I now have to right click to get the preview. im using windows 10 home edition 155558
  8. image previewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image previewer: where is the right click image viewer in 10? can it be turned on? (Wait, beware of scammers! Seriously? What happened to product support and quality? - Rhetorical, don't answer the questions in parentheses)...
  9. Image Preview ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Image Preview ..?: Hi All After CU1803 update , all my pictures on desktop or picture folder don't show "Preview" real image like before .. Is there any setting i need to do ..? Thanks [img] 110114
  10. Image previews screwed on new images

in Windows 10 Support
    Image previews screwed on new images: Hi, This has been bugging me for ages! For some reason, new images I have in a folder don't get a preview image: [img] The frustrating part, is that it works fine for old images that have been viewed - but not new ones! Once I have opened the image, it then...