Windows 10: preview of pdf attachements in emails

Discus and support preview of pdf attachements in emails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When attaching a pdf file to an email, I am getting a message "This file can't be previewed." In my preview pane. I used to be able to preview all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CherylFrerichs, Jan 11, 2019.

1. preview of pdf attachements in emails

When attaching a pdf file to an email, I am getting a message "This file can't be previewed." In my preview pane. I used to be able to preview all email attachments before adding them. Other types of file (jpeg, exl, png, etc.) show in the preview pane but not pdf files. The preview still works when I use my laptop but it is not working now on my desk top computer.

:)

CherylFrerichs, Jan 11, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 11, 2019
  3. RBC
    RBC Win User
    Save PDF's to the phone for email attachment

This sends a link, not the actual PDF file attached to the email. I have used this as a workaround in the past, but it's not a very good way of dealing with the issue. Too many steps and some people who are contacting you for the first time may be a little
    hesitant about opening the link. What is needed is the ability to save the PDF file just like you would a photo or a document then attach it to an email. Even this has limitations; you can only send one document per email and you have to be in the Office app
    to attach it. You should be able to attach, PDF files, Word documents, Outlook Contacts, etc. from within the email app just like you can do with photos. (even that could be improved by allowing you to select more than one photo at a time without having to
    go back from the email to the photos each time you attach a photo).

4. preview of pdf attachements in emails

Attaching pdf files to email in mango

EdHans gave
    this reply is another thread that might offer some insight:

• ...I understand your frustration. WP7 doesn't have a file system that is exposed, and Mango won't change that. The spec is for application developers to write the ability to see their own files and if they should be emailable, then build the hooks from
      that app into the email system. Perfect Scan does that. Adobe doesn't.
    • when you see word docs and photos, that is because the Word/Photo app allows that, and both have an email/share command that allows you to send it.
    • Adobe is the one here that must make the change, at least as things are now. WP7 doesn't have an open file system like Winmo did, just as the iPhone doesn't

via
    post by EdHans

The following is a reply that Prof Julie gave on an older post. It might offer some insight on what you can (or cannot do)

• If you open the file that is attached to the email, it will open up in Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Adobe Reader (if you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on the phone, you'll be prompted to install it at that time).
    • If the file is a PDF file, the file will be automatically saved to the phone when it is opened. Then if you want to view it again, you'll just open up the Adobe Reader and see it in the list of PDF files that are saved to the phone. Unfortunately, if
      you ever want to email the file to someone there's no way to send PDF files as attachments to emails. So if you think you'll want to email the file later on, you'll need to save the original email that you got that includes the PDF file attachment.
    • If the file is a Word, Excel or Powerpoint file, when you open it, it will open up in the correct application. Then you can tap the 3 dots in the lower left corner and select the "Save As" option to save it to the phone. Then when you open up the Office
      hub you'll see the files listed there.

via
    post by Prof Julie

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

preview of pdf attachements in emails

1. preview of pdf attachements in emails - Similar Threads - preview pdf attachements

2. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  3. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  4. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  5. PDF Document Attachment to Email

PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Can't open pdf email attachments

Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  7. pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format: I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless. I have gotten...
  8. Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10: How do you encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/encrypt-pdf-files-or-outlook-emails-with-pdf/e8a38794-be38-490f-b7a0-ca462645a9d9
  9. granting permission to attach pdf to email

granting permission to attach pdf to email: I am attempting to attach an Adobe pdf to an email and keep receiving message to contact owner or administrator for permission. I am the owner and administrator. At what point do I give myself permission?...
  10. excel email attachments convert to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel email attachments convert to PDF: Excel files received as excel files convert to PDF when downloaded or opening. I have tried right click and open with Excel and open in browser. Neither works. I have Windows 10 and Office 2003. I have a Comcast email address and an Office 365 email address. Help would...