Windows 10: Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

Discus and support Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.804 In File explorer, when selecting a jpg file it is not previewed in the Preview Pane. I have the app 'Photos'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OisinK, Feb 24, 2021.

1. OisinK Win User

Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.804

In File explorer, when selecting a jpg file it is not previewed in the Preview Pane. I have the app 'Photos' selected as the default app, as recommended for Win10.

How do I fix this?

Thanks O

:)

OisinK, Feb 24, 2021

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about these simple steps?

Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files 9268fd52-a2eb-45b7-9e65-9eed7f92b5bb.png

RobertJWin, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

1. Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files - Similar Threads - Preview Pane File

2. File Explorer Preview Pane not showing OneDrive cloud only files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Pane not showing OneDrive cloud only files: Just purchased Surface Pro 9 i5. No issues accessing all my OneDrive files. And from now on I want to minimize the files stored locally.But File Explorer Preview Pane will not show a preview for cloud files that I have not previously opened.Is there some way to make this...
  3. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  4. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  5. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Preview Pane in File Explorer

Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  7. Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?

Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?: Windows 10, Build 18363. Should I be able to use the 'Preview Pane' option in File Explorer for HEIC files? It works fine for .jpg files. However, when I click an HEIC file the preview pane just stays blank. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  8. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files

Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files: My Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will show other formats such as PDF and XLSX, but not JPG. In File Explorer Options: Display file icon on thumbnails Show preview handlers in preview pane, are both checked. Further, Always show icons, never thumbnails...
  10. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"