Windows 10: Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files

Discus and support Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using my hp laptop with a Dell extension monitor for over a year. Lately, I have updated my hp to Windows 10 and have an issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cat Suen, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Cat Suen Win User

Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files

Hello, I have been using my hp laptop with a Dell extension monitor for over a year. Lately, I have updated my hp to Windows 10 and have an issue with the preview pane in file explorer since after. The preview pane looks normal on my hp laptop, but when I drag the file explorer to the Dell monitor, the preview pane does not fit and leaves a lot of white space.... The issue only happens with pdf files but not the word/excel/ppt files... How can I fix it?

Thanks~

Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files 1a0ed3e0-cb36-4d38-8e91-1b057439bddb?upload=true.png

:)

Cat Suen, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Preview pane not functional / causing system issues

Hi,

We can see here that you're having an issue with using the preview pane for File Explorer. Since using the preview pane affects the CPU usage when trying to view Office files, we could suggest that you changed your File Explorer View setting into the Navigation
    pane by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Select Preview pane to remove it from being highlighted.

Once done, try to open files using Office apps and check if this helps your Surface Pro 4 works fine.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files - Similar Threads - Preview pane sizing

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size: It's been a long time since I had a Windows 7 machine at work, but still have one at home I use as an internet only machine. That said, in Windows 7, when you resized the Windows Explorer window with preview pane turned on, the size of the preview changed. In Windows 10,...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size: It's been a long time since I had a Windows 7 machine at work, but still have one at home I use as an internet only machine. That said, in Windows 7, when you resized the Windows Explorer window with preview pane turned on, the size of the preview changed. In Windows 10,...
  4. Font size in preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in preview pane: How do I set default preview size in Windows explorer preview pane? To clarify - size of text / file contents being previewed, not size of window or preview pane itself. I am able to do it for each file by Ctrl+scrolling mouse in and out, but it doesn't stay that way....
  5. Font size in preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size in preview pane: How do I set default preview size in Windows explorer preview pane? To clarify - size of text / file contents being previewed, not size of window or preview pane itself. I am able to do it for each file by Ctrl+scrolling mouse in and out, but it doesn't stay that way....
  6. Issues with Preview Pane in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Preview Pane in File Explorer.: in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone. there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos previously imported from my windows 8 phone, either from pictures subfolders or from onedrive pictures folder. have tried...
  7. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  8. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...
  9. Preview Pane Size Not Optimal, preview handlers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preview Pane Size Not Optimal, preview handlers: Hi, I am working on three monitors of different sizes. Multiple displays mode is set to: "Extend desktop to this display". In other words I can e.g. work with multiple apps or File Explorers opened and arranged for convenience. All three monitors are set to recommended...
  10. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer preview issue