Windows 10: Preview problem

Discus and support Preview problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a preview upgrade stuck in Win 7 update folder. I have edited the registry and everything I can think of. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobsabo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. bobsabo Win User

Preview problem

I have a preview upgrade stuck in Win 7 update folder. I have edited the registry and everything I can think of. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
    Thanks

:)

bobsabo, Apr 29, 2015
  2. SteveG47 Win User

With Windows 10, can't open any Bluetooth virtual com ports

Yes the problem was solved in the previous insider preview also. Unfortunately the previous insider and lastest insider preview introduced new problems on my Asus t100tam that were actually worse then the Bluetooth problem. In the earlier preview my
    wireless network adapter was rendered unusable and in the latest preview though the Bluetooth and wireless problems were resolved hangs and constant stalling rendered the laptop unusable. I was forced to uninstall the preview. (sigh)

SteveG47, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety Requires Children To Have A Microsoft Account?

We just upgraded our son's Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. While trying to setup Family Safety, it apparently requires the child to have a Microsoft account.

On Win 7, both the administrator and child accounts were local. Am I missing something or is Microsoft requiring a 5 year old to have an email account (which is unacceptable). We would like ALL accounts to be local and for Family Safety to register with
    the Microsoft account (as it did in Win 7).

The instructions say:

• If they don't have an email address, click The person I want to invite doesn’t have an email address.

• After they've accepted the email invitation, have them sign in to Windows 10 using the same email address you sent the invitation to.
    But how can they accept the invitation if they don't have an email address?

Any advice is appreciated.

----- Update ----

After waiting 2 hours to chat with Microsoft technical support, they confirmed that they REQUIRE child accounts to have an email address.

MS Tech Support: "I checked however on Windows 10, it will be a requirement, it could be for enhanced security feature"

Absolutely ridiculous they expect a child to have an email address and it's required to protect them.

Hope this helps someone and we are downgrading.

Win Preview, Apr 29, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Preview problem

5. bobsabo Win User
    This an upgrade not an iso that I can use on an external drive with dual boot.

bobsabo, Apr 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't understand what you mean by stuck in Win 7 update folder.

Can you explain more please? A screenshot would help.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Preview problem

1. Preview problem - Similar Threads - Preview problem

2. Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...: Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to think HP was a reputable company. Not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-someone-fix-the-no-preview-problem-i/dc27cb51-4b54-4f2a-a08d-3240eb22cad8
  3. Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...: Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to think HP was a reputable company. Not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-someone-fix-the-no-preview-problem-i/dc27cb51-4b54-4f2a-a08d-3240eb22cad8
  4. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...: hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots in microsoft community and I did all solutions but still the problem, how can I solve this? thanks...
  5. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...: hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots in microsoft community and I did all solutions but still the problem, how can I solve this? thanks...
  6. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I unfortunately updated insider preview now i am facing problem with web cam it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unfortunately updated insider preview now i am facing problem with web cam it doesn't...: Web cam not working in web browser after updating 23h2 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unfortunately-updated-insider-preview-now-i-am/6adbe278-a9d6-436c-a536-d888e6bb742e
  8. I unfortunately updated insider preview now i am facing problem with web cam it doesn't...

I unfortunately updated insider preview now i am facing problem with web cam it doesn't...: Web cam not working in web browser after updating 23h2 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unfortunately-updated-insider-preview-now-i-am/6adbe278-a9d6-436c-a536-d888e6bb742e
  9. problems with: 2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with: 2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: Good afternoon!After the latest system update Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023778 on my display:1 the wallpaper began to turn off spontaneously, the screen turns black, but all the information on it is saved. If I restart...
  10. problems with: 2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

problems with: 2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: Good afternoon!After the latest system update Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023778 on my display:1 the wallpaper began to turn off spontaneously, the screen turns black, but all the information on it is saved. If I restart...