Windows 10: Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and...

Discus and support Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 10.019041 Build 19041 This File Explorer nuisance keeps reappearing. Its been on the Forum over two years. After trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dtate1, Nov 21, 2020.

1. dtate1 Win User

Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and...

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.019041 Build 19041

This File Explorer nuisance keeps reappearing. Its been on the Forum over two years. After trying everything recommended, I am pleading for anyone to advise.

:)

dtate1, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2020
  3. flowertop Win User
    Windows Explorer

I have Windows 7. Every time I try to open up my external HD the Windows Explorer quits working. I researched a little at this forum and "Wile E" had said

It's AVI files causing the problem. It happens when explorer tries to preview them. You can shut off previewing, and it goes away.

Open a run box, and type this:

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

It will prevent Explorer from trying to preview video files.

The post was 5 years old. Does anyone know what command I would give to to shut off previewing? Thankyou

flowertop, Nov 21, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and...

Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7

Microsoft released Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7, the only other operating system to support it, apart from Windows 8 and Windows RT, with which it made its stable debut last month, earning Mozilla's cake. Posted as "Pre-Release," the browser provides most functionality as its Windows 8 stable version. Most of its performance enhancements, including the ability to flip through pages in articles by swiping across a touchscreen, are available.

Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and... 125a_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7

btarunr, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Preview window not working in Windows 10 File Explorer, displays some .jpg but not all and... - Similar Threads - Preview window working

2. Windows Explorer not displaying "Titles" for some JPG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not displaying "Titles" for some JPG files: This has been bothering me for some time. When I open a Windows Explorer in one of my Photo folders the details view doesn't show all of the titles - see the three selected files in this image:...
  3. Windows Explorer not displaying "Titles" for some JPG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer not displaying "Titles" for some JPG files: This has been bothering me for some time. When I open a Windows Explorer in one of my Photo folders the details view doesn't show all of the titles - see the three selected files in this image:...
  4. Windows Explorer not displaying "Titles" for some JPG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer: I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions...
  6. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer: I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions...
  7. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

8. Some jpg files display is black

Some jpg files display is black: On my Win 10 PC I have quite a few jpg files which in the past would display properly, but now are black. Switching between apps Photos, Paint, Irfan, etc. does not solve the problem. How may I restore these photos and make them visible again?...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files

Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files: My Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will show other formats such as PDF and XLSX, but not JPG. In File Explorer Options: Display file icon on thumbnails Show preview handlers in preview pane, are both checked. Further, Always show icons, never thumbnails...
  10. Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer: For some reason I cannot get File Explorer in Windows 10 to display thumbnails of my .jpg files. That makes scanning through hundreds of photos very tedious. I am using a desktop, a standard display monitor, manual keyboard, and mouse -- no touch screen. I have done...