Windows 10: previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change

Discus and support previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased win 10 on may3, 2020 then had a hardware change that effected the installation. how do I reactivate the product?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Curtis Hawk, May 18, 2020.

1. previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change

I purchased win 10 on may3, 2020 then had a hardware change that effected the installation. how do I reactivate the product?

:)

Curtis Hawk, May 18, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 18, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change

Microsoft Gives Windows 10 a Major Performance Boost

don't forget windows ME!! *Stick Out Tongue previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change :p

EarthDog, May 18, 2020
Thema:

previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change

1. previous purchase of windows 10 from microsoft with hardware change - Similar Threads - previous purchase microsoft

2. Previously purchased software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased software: I purchased software for my new Surface 7's in December but was working for a company I left and no longer have access to that email address How do I get the codes to reinstall the software as I also had to scrub my personal computers I tried the verify yourself system...
  3. Downloading a previously purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading a previously purchased game: I previously purchased Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition, and downloaded it on one pc. How do I download the same game THAT I BOUGHT, on a different pc, without buying it again? I signed into the Microsoft account and store on the new pc, and I see the order, but when I try to...
  4. Unable to purchase Windows 10 from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to purchase Windows 10 from Microsoft: I am trying to activate windows 10 on a new pc , everything is installed and up to date , when i want to activate my windows 10 it asks me to go to the store , all good , then it asks me for a payment , enter the details as far as post code and it wont accept the postcode , i...
  5. Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update lost previous purchases :/: I feel so incompetent and frustrated. LOL. I woke up the other day to my Laptop having finished a Windows Update and upon starting it up I noticed when I opened my Microsoft Edge it was completely new with all my "stuff" wiped from it. I spent a few hours researching this...
  6. How to activate Windows 10 Pro from a previous online digital purchase

How to activate Windows 10 Pro from a previous online digital purchase: I did a refresh installation for fixing one screen freeze problem happened in the 3D video game, so it came across to activate my Windows 10 Pro. However, the problem is I don't have product key cause I purchased Windows 10 Pro thru a digital order and my Windows copy just...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Issue Even with Previous Purchase and Microsoft Account Linkage

Windows 10 Activation Issue Even with Previous Purchase and Microsoft Account Linkage: Hello, About 1 year and a half ago, I purchased Windows 10 home edition for my laptop computer. I installed Windows 10 and used in on my then laptop for about 4 months. After that, I uninstalled Windows 10 on my previous laptop. The Windows 10 was bought with my Microsoft...
  8. Need to purchase Windows 10 home key after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to purchase Windows 10 home key after hardware change.: Recently upgraded pc, including motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated. Can't seem to find any official way to purchase a product key without downloading a new copy of windows. Using the troubleshoot option in the activation section wont work because I didn't know...
  9. Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro

Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro: Hello: Back in 2017, I upgraded my system to windows 10 Pro from windows home. Things worked great til Hard drive died. Can reinstall windows but I need the activation code from when I purchased the upgrade. I have the transaction code and the method of payment. How...
  10. Previous purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous purchase: I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 in May, 2017. My computer had to be reset & I lost all the things. I have not had an issue with anything other than Minecraft, which isn't downloading at all. I have been at this for 2 hours &, for the safety of my computer, am requesting...