Windows 10: Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023

Discus and support Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I return to the previous version of MS Photo Editor, or a link to download itprior to 8/30/23??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neil, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Neil Win User

Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023

How do I return to the previous version of MS Photo Editor, or a link to download itprior to 8/30/23??

:)

Neil, Oct 3, 2023

2. Previous version of MS Photo Editor?

How do I return my computer to the previous version of MS Photo Editor? (Note: Restore point is not available)

Also, I'm not seeking Photo Legacy or Viewer, but rather the MS Photo Editor that was available up to 8/31/2023.

Not the new version that has the Markup and Retouch feature, rather the Editor version before that. Thanks

Neil Rocket, Oct 3, 2023
  3. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 3, 2023
  4. Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023

Windows 10 Photo Editor Update 11/2016 - Dislike New Version, Can I Go Back to Previous Version?

I am physically sickened by the new update, I hate it as well. The prior version was easier to use, I agree. After being unable to bring back the previous version, I resorted to just downloading a new app for editing. I suggest Pixlr as a photo editor, it
    has contrast, color, and shadow adjustments. It's decently easy to use, and it lets you crop a picture how you want it. I hope this is helpful!

AnnabellKranz, Oct 3, 2023
Thema:

Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023

1. Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023 - Similar Threads - Previous version Photo

2. The previous version of Photo Editor had much better options for recoloring photos. Where...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous version of Photo Editor had much better options for recoloring photos. Where...: The previous version of Photo Editor had options for recoloring photos with names like "denim" and "vanilla" which produced excellent B/W photos. The new version eliminated those options and has made it much harder to produce high quality B/W images. And the new Legacy editor...
  3. The previous version of Photo Editor had much better options for recoloring photos. Where...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The previous version of Photo Editor had much better options for recoloring photos. Where...: The previous version of Photo Editor had options for recoloring photos with names like "denim" and "vanilla" which produced excellent B/W photos. The new version eliminated those options and has made it much harder to produce high quality B/W images. And the new Legacy editor...
  4. Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous version of MS Photo Editor, prior to 8/31/2023: How do I return to the previous version of MS Photo Editor, or a link to download itprior to 8/30/23?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-version-of-ms-photo-editor-prior-to/8cf337b4-2434-4d4e-b18f-1e9f75623a2c
  5. Previous version of MS Photo Editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous version of MS Photo Editor?: How do I return my computer to the previous version of MS Photo Editor? Note: Restore point is not availableAlso, I'm not seeking Photo Legacy or Viewer, but rather the MS Photo Editor that was available up to 8/31/2023. Not the new version that has the Markup and Retouch...
  6. Previous version of MS Photo Editor?

Previous version of MS Photo Editor?: How do I return my computer to the previous version of MS Photo Editor? Note: Restore point is not availableAlso, I'm not seeking Photo Legacy or Viewer, but rather the MS Photo Editor that was available up to 8/31/2023. Not the new version that has the Markup and Retouch...
  7. Reverting to previous photo editor after removal of features

Reverting to previous photo editor after removal of features: Hi, The new update to windows photo editor has removed both the 'clarity' tool and the 'red eye removal' and 'spot fix'Basically everything that made it useful and a go to quick editor.Is there a way to roll back to the previous version or can I forget about using it anymore?...
  8. Reverting to previous photo editor after removal of features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to previous photo editor after removal of features: Hi, The new update to windows photo editor has removed both the 'clarity' tool and the 'red eye removal' and 'spot fix'Basically everything that made it useful and a go to quick editor.Is there a way to roll back to the previous version or can I forget about using it anymore?...
  9. Photo editor from previous version needed

Photo editor from previous version needed: I used the old photo editor daily for my business on the previous version of Windows 10. After the 'upgrade' I just have a featureless picture viewer. It doesn't adjust contrast which is critical. I don't have 5 minutes per picture to wait for Photoshop to load, why was...
  10. Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.: is there an extensive or definitive list about what versions of windows 7/8/8.1 get what version of windows 10 w/ the reservations? as im planning on rolling back from Windows 8.1 to 7 then going to upgrade from there if its going to make Jack Squat a difference as i Still...