Windows 10: Previous versions

Discus and support Previous versions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaveenKumar N1, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Previous versions

Hello there!

In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive

I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties

But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it says no previous versions available

I've accidentally deleted a folder... it'd be be of help if i could restore it.

I use Windows 10Pro 1809 build 17763.168

:)

NaveenKumar N1, Dec 13, 2018

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 13, 2018
  3. JKSingh Win User
    restoring previous version of windows on windows phone

Recently I have upgraded my windows 8.1 phone to windows 10 phone. But I am not comfortable with this version and wants to rollback to my previous version windows 8.1.

Please help me and suggest the steps.

JKSingh, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Previous versions

Previous Versions

When you modify the maximum number of previous versions the GUI still doesn't list them all. It lists the oldest first. Can this please be fixed to at the very least list the newest first as more often than not these are the ones that are needed.

ZacAvramides, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Previous versions

1. Previous versions - Similar Threads - Previous versions

2. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  3. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  4. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  6. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  7. I am unable to access my encrypted files that were encrypted in a previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to access my encrypted files that were encrypted in a previous version of Windows: Hello there,I am facing a serious issue that I caused by mistake. Previously, I was using Windows 10 and I had applied BitLocker on my personal drive and encrypted the files inside it from their properties. I had not used my laptop for a while, as I had a new system. However,...
  8. I am unable to access my encrypted files that were encrypted in a previous version of Windows

I am unable to access my encrypted files that were encrypted in a previous version of Windows: Hello there,I am facing a serious issue that I caused by mistake. Previously, I was using Windows 10 and I had applied BitLocker on my personal drive and encrypted the files inside it from their properties. I had not used my laptop for a while, as I had a new system. However,...
  9. App Installer Launch button does not work when reinstalling a previous version of a .Net...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App Installer Launch button does not work when reinstalling a previous version of a .Net...: I have packaged a .Net Framework 4.6.1 application using the command line to create a MSIX package. The application installs properly. The situation is that if version 2 is installed and I clicked the version 1 MSIX packed, reinstall of version 1 is successful but the "App...
  10. App Installer Launch button does not work when reinstalling a previous version of a .Net...

App Installer Launch button does not work when reinstalling a previous version of a .Net...: I have packaged a .Net Framework 4.6.1 application using the command line to create a MSIX package. The application installs properly. The situation is that if version 2 is installed and I clicked the version 1 MSIX packed, reinstall of version 1 is successful but the "App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows2019 version Info