Windows 10: previous windowsfiles and folders

Discus and support previous windowsfiles and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I remove files from a previous Windows installation using storage sense, can they be restored, if needed. Or are they deleted permanently?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CindyKoch, Dec 5, 2018.

1. CindyKoch Win User

previous windowsfiles and folders

If I remove files from a previous Windows installation using storage sense, can they be restored, if needed.

Or are they deleted permanently?

:)

CindyKoch, Dec 5, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 5, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. previous windowsfiles and folders - Similar Threads - previous windowsfiles folders

2. Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder: Hi ! My thunderbird app just updated and deleted a custom file I put in its AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird folder. So I went to the "previous version" tab in the properties of the parent folder. From there, I can see multiple previous version of said folder which seems ok...
  3. cannot open user folder from my previous ssd

cannot open user folder from my previous ssd: Hi ! I bought a new computer and an adapter from SSD to USB so I can transfer the files from the ssd of my previous computer to my new one. I can access to everything on this old ssd except the most important, the user folder. Where 90% of my data is. I do not get an error...
  4. Update on previous question re print list of files in folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update on previous question re print list of files in folder: Print list of files in folder I want to print list of files in a Windows10 Folder. Instructions from 2015 post in MS Community are as follows: Open a command prompt. Navigate to the folder using the command "cd". Type dir>file.txt where "file.txt" is a name you...
  5. Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.

Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.: Hi ladies and gents! So i was looking for some photos on the 3rd december /2018 when i discovered some of my folders and photos are missing. I assumed i backed it up on to my D;drive and external hard drive however, they weren't there. Regardless, i thought i would...
  6. access windows.old folder from previous 7 os

in Windows 10 Support
    access windows.old folder from previous 7 os: Can I access the mail folders from windows mail live that reside in windows .old from the former windows 7 setup from the windows 10 update on my computer now? I had many folders from online entities like Amazon that are not there after upgrading to 10. 47465
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 deleted previous windows.old folder

Upgrading to Windows 10 deleted previous windows.old folder: Hi, I would appreciate some help, just upgraded to windows 10 and all of my files are gone. I restored my laptop a couple of years ago and this created a windows.old folder. Since this contained a large volume of files, I did not copy them over to the new windows folder....
  8. Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: How to: Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 How to Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can...
  9. Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Restore previous folder windows at logon' in Windows 10 When you sign off, restart, or shutdown your computer, you can have Windows to automatically open the previously opened...
  10. "Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ?: In Windows Explorer, when I press 'backspace', it goes to previous folder. Is there any way to map that to go up a folder instead ? Or is there another shortcut for "up a folder" ? 7805