Windows 10: previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar

Discus and support previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i think my screen is ok, not burned or anything. at the bottom on the taskbar i saw 2 faint chrome pages that i had visited earlier and closed a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by miel, Oct 21, 2015.

1. miel Win User

previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar

i think my screen is ok, not burned or anything.

at the bottom on the taskbar i saw 2 faint chrome pages that i had visited earlier and closed a long time ago. they were not functional to open and they could not be closed either. they were next to the bright active chrome icon that will open a new window.

what is the problem that faint, closed windows of chrome would be showing, and not be clickable or closeable? the problem seems new, because i don't think i saw this yesterday.

ps i had no idea how to fix, i decided to 'reset' 10 and they disappeared. very radical solution *Sad

:)

2. Alexldsuk Win User

How do I get my Chromecast device working with Edge ?

YES it IS possible to use Chromecast with Edge

This is a kludge - but it works

OPEN the Chrome browser and start casting to screen.

CLOSE the Chrome browser

OPEN the Edge browser

Casting to screen continues as normal even though the Chrome Browser is closed.

(Chrome browser is closed or as good as -cos it sure aint on the taskbar)

Alexldsuk, Oct 21, 2015
  3. default to Windows 10 after closing program

I have just updated the Windows 10 software.

When I have multiple programs open (ie Word, Excel, Chrome,etc) and I close one of them the computer reverts back to the Window Home screen. This is annoying and then I have to leave that and return to the other programs.

In the past I would open WORD the open EXCEL the open CHROME. When I closed CHROME, EXCEL would appear. I close EXCEL and WORD would appear.

Now when I open WORD the open EXCEL the open CHROME. When I closed CHROME, WINDOWS HOME SCREEN would appear. I then need to click EXCEL icon to open it. I close EXCEL and WINDOWS HOME SCREEN would appear. I then need to click WORD icon to open it. That
    is it keeps on going back to the home screen rather than the last screen that was opened.

It has never operated like that before. How can I stop it going back to the WINDOWS HOME SCREEN with I close a program?

Michael AG ITU WC, Oct 21, 2015
  4. previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar

Wow. That was a very bad idea. You should have gone to task manager and simply force close chrome.exe *Shock

AbAppletic, Oct 21, 2015
  5. miel Win User
    well thanks. if it happens again i will try that.

any idea the cause of this problem?

6. Yes. You see, chrome is known for eating ram. And when chrome ate too much ruch, things get corrupted. When you closed chrome, chrome didn't tell it to properly close, leaving the chrome.exe process open. The chrome.exe process was probably partly closed, causing that of what you were saying. Or, you had an extension running in the background.

AbAppletic, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Usually this doesn't happen. You might try making sure your drivers and windows itself are all updated. Other than that, not sure what could cause it.

DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar

1. previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar - Similar Threads - previously closed chrome

2. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  3. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  4. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  5. Chrome opens but immediatlly closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediatlly closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  6. My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...: For some reason when I open a tab and close it or keep it open and switch to another one, I can still faintly see the tab on my screen even after I close it. I can faintly see the sites I have previously visited on my taskbar even when I'm on a different tab, but I can also...
  7. Windows 10 closes previously opened windows

Windows 10 closes previously opened windows: Windows 10 seems to be an all-around failure. When I'm in an application, then open up a new window from that application and close it the previous window was mysteriously minimized. Or while in my PHOTOS folder then open a photo to view it, then close that photo out, my...
  8. Faint words.

Faint words.: The headlines on my computer are very clear but narrative is faint and blurry. Tried Display Settings but can't resolve this issue. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faint-words/e581427c-02ec-4e62-b9ac-dcc2c383a641
  9. Taskbar appearance

in Cortana
    Taskbar appearance: How can I change the appearance of my windows browser in the taskbar? Right now I have a white box with a microphone, I've seen that some PCs have the Cortana symbol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-appearance/a2150ecd-b59f-4238-b789-074555fae2fa"
  10. faint font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faint font: I have a new inspiron 7380 brand new. the font when you open file explorer is really faint. trying to get to support is almost impossible. I have a 4 year old inspiron and the font is strong and clear. any idea how to fix please?...