Windows 10: Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see different pricing of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro. What I understand is if you already have Windows 10 Home edition which came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paulokello1, May 27, 2021.

1. Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

I can see different pricing of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro. What I understand is if you already have Windows 10 Home edition which came with the computer purchased and you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, the cost is less, but the bad thing is that if the computer is lost or something happens to it, you cannot use the same license on another computer because the license is bound to the hardware.But if you buy a Windows 10 Pro, its a bit expensive than upgrade but you can use it on another hardware, it is not bound to the hardware. Did I understand it right ? If not can someone explain bett

:)

Paulokello1, May 27, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 27, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, May 27, 2021
  4. Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

1. Price of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Price upgrading Home

2. Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?: I have a customer who is non profit. We need to upgrade their laptop from Win11 Home to Pro. Is there non profit pricing for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-non-profit-pricing-for-upgrading-ms-win11/cb00986a-1bca-4ef6-85d7-53f619c04bc6
  3. Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?: I have a customer who is non profit. We need to upgrade their laptop from Win11 Home to Pro. Is there non profit pricing for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-non-profit-pricing-for-upgrading-ms-win11/cb00986a-1bca-4ef6-85d7-53f619c04bc6
  4. windows 10 home price

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home price: Why Windows 10 Home 199$ is more expensive than Windows 11 Home 139$? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-price/e08a8497-462e-4a5f-8d87-3ec651b4739f
  5. windows 10 home price

windows 10 home price: Why Windows 10 Home 199$ is more expensive than Windows 11 Home 139$? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-price/e08a8497-462e-4a5f-8d87-3ec651b4739f
  6. Price to upgrade Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Price to upgrade Home to Pro: Can anyone enlighten me on the price to upgrade Win 11 Home to Pro in Australia please? I can't find any reference to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/price-to-upgrade-home-to-pro/fcf3230c-3d76-478c-b326-86f3d5bf3744
  7. Price to upgrade Home to Pro

Price to upgrade Home to Pro: Can anyone enlighten me on the price to upgrade Win 11 Home to Pro in Australia please? I can't find any reference to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/price-to-upgrade-home-to-pro/fcf3230c-3d76-478c-b326-86f3d5bf3744
  8. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  9. Price to Upgrade from Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Price to Upgrade from Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi Everyone Can anyone please advise what the cost is in AUS$ to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Also is there a different price to go from Window 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro? Can you buy group licenses or are these upgrades only sold as individual upgrade...
  10. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...