Windows 10: price of Windows 10 for student

Discus and support price of Windows 10 for student in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; what is the price for windows 10 for student and how to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaedAsaad, Dec 4, 2019.

1. RaedAsaad Win User

price of Windows 10 for student

what is the price for windows 10 for student and how to install

:)

RaedAsaad, Dec 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Student Pricing

To my knowledge, you can still buy Windows 8.1 for the Student price. I just checked and the link I provided above is still active. I also added the download to my shopping cart and it seems to be working. Since this still seems to be a viable way for us
    students to purchase a Windows OS I may go this route before it disappears. After all, we can upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free for the first year. There IS a Windows 10 Education Edition but from what I have seen on the web, that is for schools
    to buy. I don't know if they are actually going to be releasing a Windows 10 version with student pricing. Given that the school year is about to start and this hasn't appeared yet, I am guessing that it isn't going to be happening this year.

Update: Tried buying Windows 8.1 Pro for Students through the Microsoft Store link I provided above and it is showing that my school email domain is not in their list and I would have to provide other documentation to prove I am a student. Given my school
    is involved in the DreamSpark program and provides free access to Office 365, I am guessing their list for school verification is no longer active. I will try to provide other documentation when I am able to and will post their response. I am not hopeful though.
    This is very upsetting Microsoft. This, and the fact that this forum post has not gotten any sort of official response.

InuHanyou1701, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Student Pricing

Windows 8.1 had a Student version (Available to College students) that was available through Microsoft's Online store for about $70. I saw a post here that said that there will be a similar version for Windows 10 with similar pricing, however now that the
    OS has launched, I am not finding it anywhere. Has this particular SKU not been made available yet? If not, is it going to be available in the future and do we have any sort of release window (Pun unintended)? Thanks.

This was the post on these forums that I was mentioning before.

Student Discount Windows 10

And this was the Windows 8.1 version I was referring to (LINK IS DEAD).

Buy & Download Windows 10 - Microsoft Store

Thanks again for your time. Also, I apologize if this is not the place to post this. I did not see a more appropriate place to post this.

Edit: Thank you to JulianBe! It has been confirmed that the link above (to purchase the Student version of 8.1) does still work and you are still
    able to purchase that product. From there you can upgrade to Windows 10. I have also seen from multiple replies to this thread that various sales representatives have stated that there will be a version of Windows 10 made available in the future. I am not
    going to mark this question as answered until we have some firm details. Until then, please feel free to use the link above to purchase Windows 8.1 Pro for the Student price and upgrade from there if you so desire!

Update: The link for the Windows 8.1 Student Priced version is no longer active. =( I guess now we play the waiting game.

InuHanyou1701, Dec 4, 2019
  4. JulianBe Win User

Windows 10 Student Pricing

I just tried and was able to buy Windows 8.1 Pro with the student pricing using the link above. Maybe contact your school, sometimes you can buy stuff like this directly through them for cheaper. Or if you have the patience (I'm so glad I found this ink
    because I am not patient and was about to buy W10 full price!) you can wait 'til they release the student deal. I talked with a sales rep recently and they said they still have no info on when that will happen though :\

JulianBe, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. price of Windows 10 for student - Similar Threads - price student

2. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  3. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  4. Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals Windows 10 ESU pricing: starts at $61: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is nearing the end of its life. Come October 2025, support for the operating system ends officially. Microsoft announced that it is going to offer ESU, Extended Security Updates, for at least three years. This means that organizations...
  5. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  6. How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...

How can I verify if Windows keys being sold at a cheaper price on certain websites are...: I am currently a student and I need to renew my PC's Windows license. However, the license keys listed on certain websites are too expensive for me at the moment. During my search, I came across a website that sells license keys at a significantly lower price. However, I am...
  7. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  8. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  9. Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a gift card to lower the price on something on the Microsoft Store?: I want to buy Minecraft again since I missed my due date to swich accounts, however I found it to be a little expensive, so I was wondering if I could use Microsoft Rewards to redeem multiple gift cards that might lower the price. Since the points that I have are not enough...
  10. In store special student pricing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In store special student pricing: I pre-ordered the Surface Pro 7 at a Microsoft Store a couple of days ago because I am leaving on holiday the day after the released (23rd October). So I wanted to make sure I could have it before my trip. Since then I logged onto Microsoft online and I saw that I am...