Windows 10: Primary display is not recognizing.

Discus and support Primary display is not recognizing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I AM USING HP LAPTOP, I CONNECTED A SECONDARY MONITOR LG BY USING HDMI CABLE , FROM THERE THE SECONDARY MONITORS IS ACT AS AN PRIMARY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by himalpsg, May 21, 2021.

1. himalpsg Win User

Primary display is not recognizing.

HI, I AM USING HP LAPTOP, I CONNECTED A SECONDARY MONITOR LG BY USING HDMI CABLE , FROM THERE THE SECONDARY MONITORS IS ACT AS AN PRIMARY DISPLAY THE LAPTOP DISPLAY IS NOT DISPLAYING AND ALSO THE WINDOWS NOT RECOGNIZING THE LAPTOP DISPLAY AS PRIMARY DISPALY, IN DEVICE MANAGER ,

:)

himalpsg, May 21, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 21, 2021
  3. How do I make games open on the primary display?

I have 3 monitors on a nvidia GTX660Ti, with the latest drivers, on windows 10, upgraded from win7, on a PC that I have been gaming on for quite some time now. The hardware itself has been an excellent gaming rig up until the windows upgrade and/or the
    nvidia driver upgrade, but now a number of my games will not start on the primary display, they start on the first display in the list, which is not marked as primary. Both the windows display settings and the nvidia control panel have my central monitor
    identified as the primary display.

• Has anybody encountered this behavior?
    • Is it likely to be windows 10 related or decided by the nvidia driver?
    • Any suggestions on getting this to behave properly, like it used to, without requiring me to disable the other displays to get the primary to be used?

Les Ferguson, May 21, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 changes primary display to HDTV

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, select control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Adjust Resolution.

• Click on identify and check whether it is showing monitor 1 or 2.

• And Click on multiple displays.

• Select duplicate this display and check it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Primary display is not recognizing. - Similar Threads - Primary display recognizing

2. Primary display won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary display won't go to sleep: I just installed dual monitors for the first time. I have my Windows 10 Home build 19041.928 computer set to "computer sleep never" (file server), and the display[s] to turn off after 8 minutes. The issue that I have is the secondary display goes to sleep as expected, but the...
  3. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  4. Weird problem with primary displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem with primary displays: Hi, I have 2 Acer 27" 2k 144hz monitors. I use them in extend mode with one in front of me and the other off to the right. I have to set the right display as my primary display because I like to be able to throw my mouse into the bottom right corner and hide my windows when I...
  5. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  6. TV primary display

TV primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  7. How to make my Laptop Display, the primary desktop display

How to make my Laptop Display, the primary desktop display: I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon Laptop, running the current version of Windows 10 - Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. When I connect both my HDMI attached display and my USB attached Display, via a docking station, the primary desktop moves to one of the attached...
  8. hdmi display not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi display not recognized: I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-display-not-recognized/3b83c5ce-1310-4afe-bad6-d2b30d09a06d
  9. not recognizing 2nd display

not recognizing 2nd display: hello everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series running Windows 10. I just acquired a used Lenovo thinkvision LT2252p 22 inch monitor from a buddy of mine. I just bought a new HDMI/display port cable from amazon. The 2nd display is not getting recognized. It is...
  10. config external display as primary

config external display as primary: I have a Laptop and a combo with LCD Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, When I'm at my desk, I want to use the combo LCD Monitor as primary, and the Laptop screen as secondary display, but windows only support Laptop screen as primary, LCD as secondary. Is there any config in Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notebook cannot detect primary monitor

2. windows 10 laptop does not detect first monitor