Windows 10: “Primary DNS is not responding”.

Discus and support “Primary DNS is not responding”. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network diagnostics state that Primary DNS is not responding even though system shows connection to internet. I can get to other sites but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Coach19, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Coach19 Win User

“Primary DNS is not responding”.

Network diagnostics state that Primary DNS is not responding even though system shows connection to internet. I can get to other sites but not Microsoft. What changed?

:)

Coach19, Aug 9, 2019
  2. SYoungYL Win User

Trouble accessing Primary DNS number

I have followed the necessary steps to find my Primary DNS number however, when I get there, there is nothing listed. It will say "Connection-Specific DNS Suffix:" with nothing to follow. Is there any other way it can be found other then the Win+R >> cmd
    >> ipconfig? Or what do I need to do to make it show up there?

Thanks.

SYoungYL, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Dns

i use Googles @ 8.8.8.8 for primary
    2ndary is Googles @ 8.8.4.4 and
    3rdary is my ISPs

i ran a DNS benchmark and according to it... googles was the fastest out of a large list.

slyfox2151, Aug 9, 2019
  4. “Primary DNS is not responding”.

computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

“Primary DNS is not responding”.

1. “Primary DNS is not responding”. - Similar Threads - “Primary DNS responding”

2. DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10: OK, so I have read several articles on this and absolutely nothing I have tried works. I have tried: - Disabling my antivirus (Windows Defender) - Following the Command Window commands suggested everywhere as a fix for this: ipconfig/all netsh int ip reset netsh winsock...
  3. DNS server is not responding.

DNS server is not responding.: DNS server is not responding. No Interne connection, Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding/e1af349b-11fb-45e8-a5e7-d27062ff816c
  4. DNS server does not respond

DNS server does not respond: The DNS server does not respond. Continuous message "Not connected to the internet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-does-not-respond/0ca84c87-da17-40ec-bcd0-568b2ff83cb0
  5. DNS server is not responding

DNS server is not responding: Whenever i try to open a page and browse the internet, it says i have no internet connection and reports that my DNS server is not responding. Ive been trouble shooting for a whole day, this is the second day it continues to be down....
  6. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  7. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/7021cd8d-320f-4f90-860a-fa52617b627c
  8. DNS server isn’t responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DNS server isn’t responding: hi , i have tried several of the “fixes” posted here and on other forums. From flushing dns cache, rebooting router, computer and it worked for a moment and then goes right back to above problem. I am semi computer literate but dont like messing with insides when not knowing...
  9. DNS Server Isn't Responding

DNS Server Isn't Responding: Ive been having trouble with my PC disconnecting from its WiFi connection and unable to reconnect. At thr moment when I run Windows Network Diagnostics it returns The DNS server isn't responding. I've tried following online instructions to go through control panel, and...
  10. DNS Server not responding problem

DNS Server not responding problem: I have been having trouble accessing email or the internet on my Ethernet connected PCs this morning (it was fine previously). If I Diagnose my LAN Ethernet adapter I get: "All connections appear to be correct, but the DNS Server is not responding". Things I have done:...