Windows 10: Primary drive

Discus and support Primary drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dirkverplaetse, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Primary drive

After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with a black screen. I want my desktop to start up from the intern HD. How to change that ?

:)

dirkverplaetse, Aug 22, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 22, 2019
  3. tengeezer Win User
    How to view 2nd drive?

Nope, not listed.

About half an hour ago I checked to see whether it's faulty, so ran it as a primary drive in AHCI mode. Win10 installed perfectly, in just a few minutes. So drive is fine.

tengeezer, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Primary drive

little cat, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Primary drive

1. Primary drive - Similar Threads - Primary drive

2. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  3. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  4. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?: hello. i recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using SSD. my SSD was 240GB but the new drive that added to my disk is just 97GB. also my C driveSSD is almost full. after searching on internet for my problem i found that in disk managment, i have a 125GB RAW basic data...
  6. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?: Other than going to window settings clicking system then storage then "change where new content is saved" because even that doesnt help i need my secondary hard drive to be my primary storage hdd through file explorer not windows settings. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11?...
  7. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?: Other than going to window settings clicking system then storage then "change where new content is saved" because even that doesnt help i need my secondary hard drive to be my primary storage hdd through file explorer not windows settings. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11?...
  8. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

9. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....
  10. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....