Windows 10: Primary Mail Account Selection

Discus and support Primary Mail Account Selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SergeSD, Mar 12, 2019.

1. SergeSD Win User

Primary Mail Account Selection

If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)?

:)

SergeSD, Mar 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 "Mail" app not showing primary email address as selectible account

After Windows 10 update during which I was asked if I wanted to add new accounts in addition to the primary email account which was already showing and I did add two accounts, the Windows 10 Mail app will allow me to select the new accounts without a problem,
    but the primary account is not an available selection. When I look at the app's settings "Accounts", the primary account is listed. What's up?

Allen

ALLENFANCHER, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Primary Account - Affiliated with wrong Live Account e-mail

Hi Yoshi,

As per your query, you can sign into Local Account
    and then you can switch back to Microsoft Account. While
    switching back to another account, you can provide the New E-mail Account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps;

• Click on Start Icon.

• Select Settings from the menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Select the option Sign in with a
      Local Account Instead

• Once you are logged in to the Local Account,
      repeat step 1 to step 3.

• Now, select the option Sign in with a Microsoft Account Instead.

(In this method you can provide your new account)
    Note: The above steps will help you to switch to users, which will act as primary account, but it will not synchronize your personal settings. The default settings will be set to
    the user account.

Hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy assist.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Primary Mail Account Selection

Issues with account on mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to make outlook account as primary account and check. Please follow the steps below:

• Type mail app in the search box.
    • Click on settings in the bottom left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Left click on that outlook account and this account will become
      primary account.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Primary Mail Account Selection

1. Primary Mail Account Selection - Similar Threads - Primary Mail Account

2. Primary account and ownership of laptop and registering it with Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary account and ownership of laptop and registering it with Microsoft.: I recently purchased a used computer with Windows 10 Home on it. It has a primary account on it and I presume it is registered with Microsoft. I want to eliminate it and put my own account on it with no association with its previous owner. What are the steps to accomplish...
  3. Mail closes when email selected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail closes when email selected: Just started having issue open Mail once I select an email it opens and Mail closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-closes-when-email-selected/a6c2d04c-e6c3-452a-9b47-26ee0b522d57
  4. Primary User Account - Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary User Account - Name: I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?...
  5. select ALL in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    select ALL in Mail app?: Does anyone know how to select ALL and have all boxes ticked for filing or deleting? 22204
  6. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  7. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...
  8. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary: Hi. I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and take over my entire PC. Is this possible? 45530
  9. Completely change primary Microsoft account

Completely change primary Microsoft account: Hi just bought new laptop, and upon installation registered the wrong Microsoft account. It then proceeded to upgrade to Windows 10. Please could anybody tell me how do I remove that initial Microsoft account and replace with different one? Thanks 22210
  10. Question after switching primary MS account

Question after switching primary MS account: So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a...