Windows 10: Primary Mail Account Selection

Discus and support Primary Mail Account Selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SergeSD, Mar 12, 2019.

1. SergeSD Win User

Primary Mail Account Selection

If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)?

:)

SergeSD, Mar 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 "Mail" app not showing primary email address as selectible account

After Windows 10 update during which I was asked if I wanted to add new accounts in addition to the primary email account which was already showing and I did add two accounts, the Windows 10 Mail app will allow me to select the new accounts without a problem,
    but the primary account is not an available selection. When I look at the app's settings "Accounts", the primary account is listed. What's up?

Allen

ALLENFANCHER, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Primary Account - Affiliated with wrong Live Account e-mail

Hi Yoshi,

As per your query, you can sign into Local Account
    and then you can switch back to Microsoft Account. While
    switching back to another account, you can provide the New E-mail Account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps;

• Click on Start Icon.

• Select Settings from the menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Select the option Sign in with a
      Local Account Instead

• Once you are logged in to the Local Account,
      repeat step 1 to step 3.

• Now, select the option Sign in with a Microsoft Account Instead.

(In this method you can provide your new account)
    Note: The above steps will help you to switch to users, which will act as primary account, but it will not synchronize your personal settings. The default settings will be set to
    the user account.

Hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy assist.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Primary Mail Account Selection

Issues with account on mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to make outlook account as primary account and check. Please follow the steps below:

• Type mail app in the search box.
    • Click on settings in the bottom left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Left click on that outlook account and this account will become
      primary account.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Primary Mail Account Selection

1. Primary Mail Account Selection - Similar Threads - Primary Mail Account

2. Change primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary account: I want to backup my files and programs since I'll be buying a new PC soon. I cannot access the yahoo account that's connected to my current PC's primary account and I want to change it to what I want to use now. However, it's not letting me do that. Help?...
  3. Microsoft account hacked and primary mail changed by hacker on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account hacked and primary mail changed by hacker on Windows 11: Hello..My little brother is 13 years old and he stored all his passwords on a text file.. His PC was hacked and this text file was stolen. It even included his account names.So the hacker got access to his Microsoft, Gmail, Steam account and more and could do anything they...
  4. Changing primary accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing primary accounts: Hi,my father gave me the laptop I'm currently using as a gift several years ago, I never got around to swapping main accounts as i could just log in as my email, steam, and so on as myself with no issue. However recently I've been trying to add apps to my device via the...
  5. primary email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    primary email account: Hello,I just bought a desktop from a private seller. He said he just created the email address he used to set up windows and that I could just use my own email address and remove his if I want to. He also used his cellphone # for code verifications. I would like to use my...
  6. Mail client selection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail client selection.: Hi, I still use Word 2007 as it does everything I need, however when I want to "send" a document to someone, it always starts up Windows Live Mail, however I don't use that, I just use the "Mail" app in Win 10. I have looked at the registry under...
  7. Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail": I have encountered a problem where my primary email account will not receive any messages in the "Mail" application. The secondary Account does not have this problem nor does Outlook for both my accounts. I prefer to use "Mail" for the day to day checking and sending emails....
  8. Primary accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary accounts: I am having trouble removing a primary account. I added an account I no longer have access to and it's asking me to verify it, (I have access to the Microsoft account but it is linked to a Gmail that no longer exists). I am looking for a way I can remove this and just add...
  9. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  10. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...