Windows 10: Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave

Discus and support Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 1909... I bought a new HDD of 1TB, I completed the windows installation on it. I also have a HDD of 500GB and I have a question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeepakThePathak, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave

I am using Windows 10 1909...

I bought a new HDD of 1TB, I completed the windows installation on it.

I also have a HDD of 500GB and I have a question about connecting them so that I get priority to 1TB HDD...

My Motherboard has 4 slots namely Primary Master, Primary Slave, Secondary Master, Secondary Slave (noted from BIOS)

The 1st Port (Primary Master) cannot be used as it has been broken (by me)...

So my question is this, to which port I should connect the main HDD (1TB: where OS is installed) and to which port I should connect the stepney like HDD (500: I don't want to use it always, only need 1-2 times a month) !!

Remember, I cannot connect to the Primary Master as it is broken.

In this picture, I have connected my main (1TB) to Secondary Master and stepney (500GB) to Primary Slave...

And I am getting my stepney as Disk 0 and main as Disk 1 !!

Please tell me to which I should connect the main and stepney !!

Waiting... THANK YOU !!

Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave b5308d5a-8708-48ac-b5a3-57c6031065e3?upload=true.png

:)

DeepakThePathak, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

How to flash a NVIDIA slave to master

a lot of dual GPU solutions use a master/slave, a laptop may have done so as well. not my area of expertise however.

Mussels, Dec 10, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Dell crap

There are jumpers for IDE DVD Drives for laptops (primary master, primary slave, secondary master, secondary slave) sometimes you have to set it specifically.

4. gR3iF Win User

Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave

Very long boot-times with DVD-drive?

jumper settings?
    are they allright?
    hdd primary master and primary slave
    dvd secondary master+slave

look in bios if they are detected correctly

gR3iF, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave

1. Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave - Similar Threads - Primary Master Primary

2. package vs application vs executable vs binary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  3. DNS Primary and secondary

DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  4. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  5. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. email used to be primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Customization
    email used to be primary and secondary: Hello, My email in outlook, Hotmail used to be divided in primary email and secondary email since upgrading all my email are in one. Why is this ? I prefer my email divided. Can I get back the previous setting. Please let me know Thank you...
  7. Primary/secondary color in MS Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Primary/secondary color in MS Whiteboard: In the Whiteboard app, sometimes multiple colors are ‘activated’ at the same time - as shown by a light grey shade and a small dot next to the pen. It seems to be associated with primary / secondary color selections, and I assume there is a way to quickly switch colors....
  8. Primary IDE master problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Primary IDE master problem: Having problem of missing operating system, I installed windows on SSD, and making it my first boot device, and hard disk second boot device.. Saving that configuration when I am restarting pc.. it's showing missing operating system.. Nb: I can't configure my primary IDE...
  9. Primary Driver now used as slave but showing wrong size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Driver now used as slave but showing wrong size: I have a seagate barracuda 7200.11 500gb hdd that I used to use as my primary drive. I am now using an SSD and connected the sata drive up to use as a second drive but it is only showing as being 500mb rather than GB I have formatted the drive but it seems to default to this...
  10. SQL primary and secondary server

SQL primary and secondary server: If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ? If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and...