Windows 10: Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

Discus and support Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear reader, So, recently I have this strange thing happening: every time my PC prompts my monitors to go to sleep and I awake them by pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IndoDoubleG, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

Dear reader,

So, recently I have this strange thing happening: every time my PC prompts my monitors to go to sleep and I awake them by pressing something on keyboard/mouse it wakes up both monitors standby light turns off but only my secondary monitor shows my desktop.

What is weird to me is that it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem because the 'hard fix' seems to be to either disconnect my primary monitor which ends the display extension and therefore it acts as if I only have one monitor, obviously, I suppose and rebooting my PC fixes the problem too. When rebooting it acts as if nothing ever happened.

Things I've tried:

1. Checking cables & reconnecting them.

2. Reinstalling Nvidia drivers.

3. Rebooting drivers.

4. settings poweroptions to default.

5. setting poweroptions disabled link state power management

6. Windows + P'ing from 2nd screen and back.

Didn't fix it.

I did find something vague, when Windows P'ing to 2nd monitor and going to Display Settings the system couldn't 'detect' my primary monitor.

I've had the PC since October 2019 and it has been operating with no faults on Windows 10. Anyway, I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Intel i5 9600KF

ASUSTeK Prime X390-P

Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

Thanks in advance.

:)

IndoDoubleG, Apr 3, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 3, 2020
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC

1. Primary Monitor Won't respond after 'awakening' the PC - Similar Threads - Primary Monitor Won't

2. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset: Yesterday I was needing to set up an old pc while I had another one repaired, it was my roommates so I needed to do a full reset windows 10 on the computer itself. I let it reset and do its thing overnight and when I came back the monitor was completely unresponsive to the...
  3. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset: Yesterday I was needing to set up an old pc while I had another one repaired, it was my roommates so I needed to do a full reset windows 10 on the computer itself. I let it reset and do its thing overnight and when I came back the monitor was completely unresponsive to the...
  4. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  6. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  7. Icons to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons to primary monitor: I added a monitor to my tv/monitor for a dual screen setup. Windows automatically made the pc monitor the main screen and moved all my icons there. I want the tv as main so I changed it and the icons moved automatically. I decided I didn't like the tv as the main and once...
  8. “Primary DNS is not responding”.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Primary DNS is not responding”.: Network diagnostics state that Primary DNS is not responding even though system shows connection to internet. I can get to other sites but not Microsoft. What changed?...
  9. Monitor not responding

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not responding: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18305 dual monitor Have power settings to turn off, not sleep, after 1 hour. (Length of time doesn't make any difference) Both monitors, Acer 27 and Acer 25 showing in Device Mgr as Acer S271HL and Generic PnP. Acer is number "1" Current...
  10. Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't respond/awaken after display is off for a while: The following is the second occurrence of the event described.The one previous incident was 10-14 days ago. I had been using the computer on and off all day today until about 3 pm. I left it unused for just over and hour. As usual, the screen had shut down after 15 minutes,...