Windows 10: Primary mouse button changes itself every day

Discus and support Primary mouse button changes itself every day in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two fairly new Dell Inspiron desktop computers running Windows 10. A few months ago, the primary mouse button started changing itself from left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shawnthompson2, May 2, 2019.

1. Primary mouse button changes itself every day

I have two fairly new Dell Inspiron desktop computers running Windows 10. A few months ago, the primary mouse button started changing itself from left click to right click, on both desktop computers. This happens every single day and every single day I have to change the setting back to left click and it's driving me crazy. This appears to have been caused by a Windows update but its been several months and this still has not been resolved with subsequent updates. When will this be fixed?

:)

shawnthompson2, May 2, 2019
  2. idigweeds Win User

primary mouse button changes itself

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 several days ago, I have been having problems with my mouse. Without any apparent reason, the primary mouse button setting changes, but without actually changing the setting in the settings panel. So if I have my primary
    button set to left, when it changes all by itself, the right button becomes the primary button. But when I go to the settings panel, it still says that my left button is the primary button, but it is actually working as if it had been set to the right button.

As a short term fix, I can set the mouse settings panel to be opposite what I want and have it function as intended, at least until the setting changes on it's own again, or I restart the machine. If the button was set opposite for the short term fix, it
    will have to be set back again when the machine is restarted.

idigweeds, May 2, 2019
  3. Primary mouse button default changes on restart

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit
      Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
      Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse
    • In the right pane, change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2019
  4. Primary mouse button changes itself every day

USB plugged Mouse primary buttons switch [Help]

Hi Yazan,

Make sure that the Mouse setting is set correctly.

• In the search field on the Taskbar, type mouse.
    • Select the change your mouse settings option in the search results.
    • In the Settings window, under Select your primary button, change the selected option in the drop-down list from Left to Right or Right to Left.

If the issue still persist, try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    It reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

1. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

3. Click on Hardware and Devices.

4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you

Azaruddin Syed, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Primary mouse button changes itself every day

1. Primary mouse button changes itself every day - Similar Threads - Primary mouse button

2. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings: Hi, Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right and left mouse buttons while the laptop touchpad's right and left clicks won't be changed? P.S: I tried the Mouse Speed...
  3. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click: My mouse's primary button keeps changing to right click all by itself. I can temporarily fix it by changing it back to left click but after sometime it goes back to right click. Is there any long-term solution? Please help me I really need it...
  4. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click: My mouse's primary button keeps changing to right click all by itself. I can temporarily fix it by changing it back to left click but after sometime it goes back to right click. Is there any long-term solution? Please help me I really need it...
  5. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day: Hello, ISSUE Whenever I am playing Minecraft Especially a Particular Modded version 1.12.2. My game randomly switches controls so If I am typing W it closes chrome. If I Right-Clicking in the desktop screen, It opens up Minecraft, Now you will be wondering why I have posted a...
  7. Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...: Our home office has a couple of PC computers an ACER Spin laptop and a custom AMD desktop running entirely separate Windows accounts on different email addresses. The problem: When a user changes the primary button in the Settings>Mouse page on one of the computers, the...
  8. Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar locks itself - every stinking day!: Windows 10 OS Build 18362.720 Everyday, without fail, my Taskbar locks itself. I right click on the taskbar and see that "Lock the taskbar" is UNchecked. I go into "Taskbar settings" and they are as in the attachment. The only way to get it to auto-hide is to restart the...
  9. Mouse primary button setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse primary button setting: I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to...
  10. Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 How to Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can select the primary button of your mouse to be the left or right button. The primary button is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primary mouse button randomly changes

2. mouse changes buttons by itself