Windows 10: Primary Password Required

Discus and support Primary Password Required in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Frustrated. Prior to yesterday, I was able to access my favorites w/saved passwords. As of yesterday, I receive a message "Primary password is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CZamo, Sep 21, 2022.

1. CZamo Win User

Primary Password Required

Frustrated. Prior to yesterday, I was able to access my favorites w/saved passwords. As of yesterday, I receive a message "Primary password is required" and "Please authenticate yourself with primary password". Now, within Settings, I cannot change radio button to "Automatically", because the message appears again. Any help would greatly be appreciated, as I cannot move forward. Thanks.

:)

CZamo, Sep 21, 2022
  2. anaron Win User

Primary Password

Firefox 81.0
    Having an issue with the primary password. I start Firefox. I begin typing in the search box and about midway thru the primary password dialogue box pops up. I do not notice and keep typing the rest of my search which ends up in the primary password box. Is there a way to fix this?

My thought is the primary password box should start immediately start with the starting of Firefox or they should stop the auto primary password request and let me manually activate it.

Any suggestion on a remedy?

Ron

anaron, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Primary Password Required

Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Primary Password Required

1. Primary Password Required - Similar Threads - Primary Password Required

2. primary password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    primary password: I have forgotten my primary password, how do I reset it without the password? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/primary-password/d92059c1-f6ac-4f94-930d-56fc4aaa2ada
  3. primary password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    primary password: I have forgotten my primary password, how do I reset it without the password? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/primary-password/d92059c1-f6ac-4f94-930d-56fc4aaa2ada
  4. primary password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Primary Password!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Password!!: I don't remember my primary password and now I can't get into any of my sites because they all ask for the primary password. I can I delete it when I don't even know it. How do you get around this problem?? Please tell me. Thanks, Tom...
  6. Primary Password!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Password!!: I don't remember my primary password and now I can't get into any of my sites because they all ask for the primary password. I can I delete it when I don't even know it. How do you get around this problem?? Please tell me. Thanks, Tom...
  7. Primary Password!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Primary Password Required

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Primary Password Required: Frustrated. Prior to yesterday, I was able to access my favorites w/saved passwords. As of yesterday, I receive a message "Primary password is required" and "Please authenticate yourself with primary password". Now, within Settings, I cannot change radio button to...
  9. Primary Password Required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Password Required: Frustrated. Prior to yesterday, I was able to access my favorites w/saved passwords. As of yesterday, I receive a message "Primary password is required" and "Please authenticate yourself with primary password". Now, within Settings, I cannot change radio button to...
  10. Primary Password

in Browsers and Email
    Primary Password: Firefox 81.0 Having an issue with the primary password. I start Firefox. I begin typing in the search box and about midway thru the primary password dialogue box pops up. I do not notice and keep typing the rest of my search which ends up in the primary password box. Is there...