Windows 10: Primary User Account - Name

Discus and support Primary User Account - Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adrian355, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Adrian355 Win User

Primary User Account - Name

I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?

:)

Adrian355, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 3, 2018
  3. User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Primary User Account - Name - Similar Threads - Primary User Account

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User name account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name account: When I set up my new computer I mistyped my user name. I ran the userpasswords2 to update the user name but when i look in file explorer under Users it only has the old name. How do i rename this folder?...
  6. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  7. User account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account name: How do I change the user account name of a non-administrator account on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-name/9bb32d57-f261-4420-80b6-229a8e4367c1
  8. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  9. Change user account name?

Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....
  10. Modify user account name

Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...