Windows 10: Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.

Discus and support Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The volume level in my microphone for my headphones is maxed out at +12 dB, which is way too quiet. However, I discovered that if I go to device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gamepro5, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Gamepro5 Win User

Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.

The volume level in my microphone for my headphones is maxed out at +12 dB, which is way too quiet. However, I discovered that if I go to device manager, uninstall the driver for the mic, then unplug the mic from my computer, and restart my computer to then plug it back in it is fine as the new limit is +30 dB. This stays like that until I restart my computer again. I am using a Logitech G230, and they don't come with a driver from the manufacturer because they are just two little cables that plug into the mic input and the audio output. I tried updating the driver in the device manager but it says it's already updated and now it doesn't even show up anymore. The only solution I've found is to do the ritual I described above, but that is tedious to do and I don't know why I have to do it.

:)

Gamepro5, Mar 11, 2021

2. Headset being detected only after unplugging it. Microphone being quiet

The headset that I use is frequently not detected by Windows 10. When this happens, if I unplug the headset, Windows 10 suddenly detects the headset despite it not being plugged in. I can plug it back in to use the headset, but the microphone becomes really
    quiet and it seems by random chance that it'll be fully functional again. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing changes as well as restarting Windows 10.

MaderFader1, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3 Gaming Headset)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.

Microphone super quiet

So Ive tried everything from reinstalling the driver to searching google people seem to not have this issue atleast not the same as me.

My microphone is on a headset but i plugged the headset into the headset slot the computer never understood that it was a Headset/Microphone so i plugged the headset into the Microphone slot and got another headset and plugged it into the headset slot after
    that didnt fix the issue i gave up and ended up moving the Mic/Headset into the pink jack in the back of my computer and left the other headset in the headset slot but my issue is no matter what i do my microphone is super quiet and when i boost it. It becomes
    a car horn up to your ear that sounds like its in a tunnel how do i fix this or am i in a Pickle??? and what i mean is it boosts my voice but it becomes super loud and at the same time i sound like im in a tunnel

hihi1111111, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed.

1. Primitive headset microphone too quiet unless strange restarting ritual is completed. - Similar Threads - Primitive headset microphone

2. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  3. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  6. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  7. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  8. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  9. realtek array microphone too quiet

realtek array microphone too quiet: My internal microphone Realtek array microphone used to work really well and wasn't too quiet, but now it is really quiet like I am whispering and no one can barely hear me. I am running on windows 10 on the latest update and have the latest mic drivers installed. I've tried...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...