Windows 10: Print and file sharing is online but not responding

Discus and support Print and file sharing is online but not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaymondCheruiyot, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Print and file sharing is online but not responding

The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

:)

RaymondCheruiyot, Jul 25, 2019

2. File and Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

Hello,

I have been receiving an error when trying to reach my shared directory from my PC that states the following:

"File and Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." I've been sharing this directory for a long time and it suddenly just stopped working.

I'm finding that I can access shared directories from other servers but I cannot share directories from my PC. I have file and print sharing turned on and I've used Windows Network Diagnostics for troubleshooting which is where I got the error "File and
    Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts."

Thanks,

David

DavidDelahoussaye, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Windows 7 File Sharing Errors

Afternoon,

I have a PC that I am currently working on whereby I am entirely unable to access network shares.

I've followed all the steps I found online regarding the configuration but am still unable to do so.

The PC in question (M1 henceforce) is running Windows 7.

Firewall is off and shares are configured.

On this PC if I navigate to \\M1 I see the list of share

If I click any of the shares, I get an error (file and print sharing resource (m1) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer. )

This occurs when on M1 navigating to M1

If on another PC (testing using a PC called M4) I go to \\M1; I get the above error without being able to see the list of shares.

Reversing the process (sharing on M4 and navigating from M1 to \\M4) the issue does not occur.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

TimFontana, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Joythar K Win User

Print and file sharing is online but not responding

File and print sharing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We
    understand that you are not able to print and we do apologies. I can help you with it.

For better understanding of the issue, please provide us following information:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • You can try uninstalling and reinstalling that software and check.
    The issue you have reported usually occurs if the drivers needed for the device are not installed properly or if the drivers are not compatible with the Operating System.

I would suggest you to visit manufacturer's website and install the latest available driver for the device .

If the drivers for the device are not yet available for Windows 10, hence I suggest you to reinstall them in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the driver in compatibility mode and see if it helps:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    I would suggest you to visit manufacturer's website and install the latest available driver for the device in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps.

Please post back if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Joythar K, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Print and file sharing is online but not responding

1. Print and file sharing is online but not responding - Similar Threads - Print file sharing

2. Print sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print sharing: I have a problem with one of my clients regarding print sharing. The problem is with an HP deskjet 2130 after installing the software and drivers my client wanted to share the printer with his wife's computer. I set up the sharing on his computer in properties it accepted the...
  3. help to get online to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help to get online to print: Suddenly my printer is offline and I can't get it back on this is message in print que https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-get-online-to-print/4479ed05-8420-4d3a-8372-247f7ac913b0
  4. will not print after update for online

in Windows 10 Customization
    will not print after update for online: will not print after update online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-print-after-update-for-online/18bb8b95-6dea-49dd-ae77-d7d7c7784af2
  5. PC online but not responding

PC online but not responding: All my computers will not allow access to other PCs in the network since latest Windows update they either say "website (PC name) is online but sin't responding to connection" or a password/credential screen pops-up. I provide the correct credentials for PC but are not...
  6. File and Print Sharing

File and Print Sharing: When I select the file and printer sharing to the "on" position and then save settings, it returns to "off" when I open the "Change advanced sharing settings" dialog box the file and printer sharing is "off". I've tried everything that I've seen in the community but nothing...
  7. File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 News
    File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many Windows users, when unable to access one or multiple shared connections or folders across the local network, try running Windows Network Diagnostics Troubleshooter to understand the problem. They may end up seeing an error stating, File and Print sharing...
  8. "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts": We have 5 computers in the house all running Windows 10. I've always had problems with file sharing and often have to resort to memory stick or external hard drives to transfer files. Homegroup helped sometimes but was unreliable and has gone. Now I need a solution because...
  9. Strange File/Print share issue

Strange File/Print share issue: After KB4457128 Update, a shared USB printer on my system was no longer visible on other computers on the network. This is a home network using Workgroup, and has always been "flaky" with W10 updates breaking shares. However, in this case, the problem was with this share. If...
  10. Registry key for file and print sharing disabling

Registry key for file and print sharing disabling: Hey can anybody help me find a script or a registry key that will uncheck it or disable the file and print sharing on windows 7. I been trying to find a way to do it but i cant find anything that works... 85160

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file and printer sharing not responding