Windows 10: Print command asks "save"

Discus and support Print command asks "save" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nichos, Nov 25, 2017.

1. nichos Win User

Print command asks "save"

This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears.

With my printer connected in a laptop it prints immediately like it was on my PC.

How can I correct the PC as it was before?

A scan showed no virus e.t.c.

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600, EVGA GeForce 9800,
    W10 pro

:)

nichos, Nov 25, 2017
  2. rkrezo Win User

The print command was removed from the display to print a document and replaced with a "Save"

The print command was removed from the display to print a document and replaced with a "Save"

rkrezo, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Canon easy photo ex

Every time I click on "print", a screen pops up asking me where to save the print output. In the past when I clicked "print",it printed. I cannot work out why this is happening. When I try and save the " print output" ,I get a message saying "easy photo
    print error ". I would be really grateful if anybody has any ideas how to fix this.

francisdrake_825, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Click on the printer you want to use, the Manage button can be used to set it as the default printer. If your printer doesn't appear in the list you may have accidentally deleted it. You can add a printer here if that's the case.

You may also want to untick the 'let windows manage my default printer' box. When it's ticked windows sets the default as the last printer you used. This may be how you ended up printing to the XPS printer (which is a virtual printer that saves to as file).

5. nichos Win User
    SOLVED

Thank you.

nichos, Nov 27, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Great! *Thumbs

You should mark this thread Solved then, there's a button to do that above your first post.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Print command asks "save" - Similar Threads - Print command asks

2. Print command in contect menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print command in contect menu: For some reason I have lost the ability to print when I right click the context menu. The print command is listed but nothing happens when I select it. This happens in a number of programs (I have not yet found one that works). It used to work and I use it frequently to print...
  3. How to print a saved email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to print a saved email: Can any one advise how to print a saved email that has been saved to a file please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-a-saved-email/efa16fed-c461-4f03-b770-8bf72a6e040a"
  4. Printing/not saving PDF documents

Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  5. How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows: [ATTACH] The Command Prompt is nothing but a black and white command line utility that comes out of the box on Windows 10/8/7. But those who know its true potential, it is a great replacement for many of the users’ third-party [...] This post How to view, save and clear...
  6. "save print output"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "save print output": How do I skip the "save print output" step when trying to print an already saved document or anything for that matter? HP Office Pro 6978 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output/7f7fbd36-1dcd-4b00-b984-aed477879a1f
  7. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...
  8. Asking info how to use command for two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking info how to use command for two monitors: Need help with commands to switch between a monitor and a laptop. It is hooked up and both pages appear same on my laptop and my monitor. How do I view on monitor differently than view on my laptop?...
  9. Run command not saving History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Run command not saving History in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Auto-complete is one feature that makes executing same or similar commands easy. Whether you are typing in the Command Prompt or on Run prompt if what you are typing matches with previously executed command, you save a lot of time. [...] This post Run command not...
  10. Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions: I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps? This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if...