Windows 10: Print command asks "save"

Discus and support Print command asks "save" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nichos, Nov 25, 2017.

1. nichos Win User

Print command asks "save"

This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears.

With my printer connected in a laptop it prints immediately like it was on my PC.

How can I correct the PC as it was before?

A scan showed no virus e.t.c.

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600, EVGA GeForce 9800,
    W10 pro

:)

nichos, Nov 25, 2017
  2. rkrezo Win User

The print command was removed from the display to print a document and replaced with a "Save"

The print command was removed from the display to print a document and replaced with a "Save"

rkrezo, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Canon easy photo ex

Every time I click on "print", a screen pops up asking me where to save the print output. In the past when I clicked "print",it printed. I cannot work out why this is happening. When I try and save the " print output" ,I get a message saying "easy photo
    print error ". I would be really grateful if anybody has any ideas how to fix this.

francisdrake_825, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Click on the printer you want to use, the Manage button can be used to set it as the default printer. If your printer doesn't appear in the list you may have accidentally deleted it. You can add a printer here if that's the case.

You may also want to untick the 'let windows manage my default printer' box. When it's ticked windows sets the default as the last printer you used. This may be how you ended up printing to the XPS printer (which is a virtual printer that saves to as file).

5. nichos Win User
    SOLVED

Thank you.

nichos, Nov 27, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Great! *Thumbs

You should mark this thread Solved then, there's a button to do that above your first post.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Print command asks "save" - Similar Threads - Print command asks

2. Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save,...: I Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save, press print, & I'm asked to save.I have saved to a flash drive, to PC documens, to ONE Drive and the cycle just repeats. What is the process to get a copy?...
  3. Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save,...: I Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save, press print, & I'm asked to save.I have saved to a flash drive, to PC documens, to ONE Drive and the cycle just repeats. What is the process to get a copy?...
  4. Cannot print downloads or email attachments; I'm asked to save. I save, open the save,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.: If I use "Save As " or "Print Screen" I get 2 images. If I try to delete one both are deleted. How can I fix this?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-or-print-screen-commands-produce-2-images/c1a88d71-d47c-401e-b04f-a646ef387923
  6. "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.: If I use "Save As " or "Print Screen" I get 2 images. If I try to delete one both are deleted. How can I fix this?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-or-print-screen-commands-produce-2-images/c1a88d71-d47c-401e-b04f-a646ef387923
  7. Can't Print Asks me to save document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Print Asks me to save document: When I go to print, it is asking me to save the file. If I save the file and then try to open it to print it asks me the save question: save the file. I have had this system set up for years with no printer problems this just started to occur. My printer is an HP Officejet...
  8. after forced MS updates, my print command is asking for where to save the .prn file instead...

after forced MS updates, my print command is asking for where to save the .prn file instead...: after forced MS updates, when I send a print command, it asks for where to save the .prn file instead of sending it to printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-forced-ms-updates-my-print-command-is-asking/57215b6a-f211-4869-bcbd-2f4eddaf3b37
  9. why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?: My HP pavilion g7 has suddenly decided to start sending everything to a save file instead of directly to a print file. Even if I say to save it, it still does not print. I have tried to check settings and don't see this as an option....
  10. Print save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print save: How do I do a screen save? There is a screen print tab on my laptop but no screen save tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-save/50ff135f-d800-42cd-977d-d03a51a2bd4e