Windows 10: Print delay

Discus and support Print delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been posted before but there is no sign of a solution. In Windows 10 I print a file. Everything OK I then try to print another file but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidHey, Sep 15, 2020.

1. DavidHey Win User

Print delay

This has been posted before but there is no sign of a solution.

In Windows 10 I print a file. Everything OK

I then try to print another file but there is a long delay of several minutes before it prints. That is because the first print job is still in the print queue showing as printing.

This issue has been reported many times over several years but no solution from Microsoft.

It is, very clearly, a Microsoft Windows 10 issue. Reports include a range of different printers so blaming something else does not convince me.

:)

DavidHey, Sep 15, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Print delay

Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Excellent! Thank You

Cyberdesigner, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Print delay

1. Print delay - Similar Threads - Print delay

2. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  3. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  4. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer problem. Delay printing from my New Dell computer to my old HP laser jet printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problem. Delay printing from my New Dell computer to my old HP laser jet printer.: I just Bought Dell all in one desktop computer with Windows 11. I have 10 years old HP laser printer with HP85A toner. When I print something from my new Dell to my old HP laser jet printer it waits about one minute before it starts printing. After long pause with first print...
  6. Printer problem. Delay printing from my New Dell computer to my old HP laser jet printer.

Printer problem. Delay printing from my New Dell computer to my old HP laser jet printer.: I just Bought Dell all in one desktop computer with Windows 11. I have 10 years old HP laser printer with HP85A toner. When I print something from my new Dell to my old HP laser jet printer it waits about one minute before it starts printing. After long pause with first print...
  7. Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2: We recently upgraded to Win11 Pro 22H2 from our Windows 10 Pro. Now when printing we have at least a 5-8 second delay when sending print jobs to our HP Laserjet P1606dn printers. Thinking it could be an energy saving issue as the printers turn off after every print job. Not...
  8. Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2

Print delay with upgrade to Win11 Pro 22H2: We recently upgraded to Win11 Pro 22H2 from our Windows 10 Pro. Now when printing we have at least a 5-8 second delay when sending print jobs to our HP Laserjet P1606dn printers. Thinking it could be an energy saving issue as the printers turn off after every print job. Not...
  9. Delay in creating folders or printing - only the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay in creating folders or printing - only the first time: Hello All, Hoping to get some solution. I've had this problem for a couple of years now. Had it with Win10 and now with Win11 Pro 64-bit. i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz , 32GB RAM, OS on SSD.The first time I create a folder, it takes 20+ seconds for the folder to appear. Likewise,...
  10. Delay in creating folders or printing - only the first time

Delay in creating folders or printing - only the first time: Hello All, Hoping to get some solution. I've had this problem for a couple of years now. Had it with Win10 and now with Win11 Pro 64-bit. i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz , 32GB RAM, OS on SSD.The first time I create a folder, it takes 20+ seconds for the folder to appear. Likewise,...