Windows 10: Print dialog hidden

Discus and support Print dialog hidden in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6 on a Lenovo Yoga laptop. In the office, I have an external monitor. When using Photoshop, I use the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mexipickle, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Print dialog hidden

I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6 on a Lenovo Yoga laptop. In the office, I have an external monitor. When using Photoshop, I use the external monitor at the office. When running it on the laptop away from the office, a couple things happen:

1. The PS window opens barely on the screen, it's way off to the left toward where the external monitor would be and I have to drag it back and resize it to fit on the laptop screen.

2. The bigger issue When I try to print when using only the laptop, the print dialog box cannot be found. I'm unable to complete printing and have to go into Task Manager and "End Task" on PS to get the program to close. This makes it impossible to finish tasks away from my office.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Mexipickle, Jul 24, 2020

2. hidden print dialog box when trying to print a photo

Hi,

I tried all of the above, but it still happens. The dialog is not the print driver one, but the windows 10 default one. If you load the print dialog and then hide the start menu you can see the whole dialog, however the next time you load it with the start
    menu hidden, the dialog goes of the bottom of the screen. It would appear the dialog box is not reading the screen size correctly and setting itself to the wrong size.

Many Thanks

JR

JamesRussell007, Jul 27, 2020
  3. hidden print dialog box when trying to print a photo

Hi captaindan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to print a picture files through the printer?
    As a workaround, I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest printer drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the printer drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Print dialog hidden

Print dialog hidden

I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6 on a Lenovo Yoga laptop. In the office, I have an external monitor. When using Photoshop, I use the external monitor at the office. When running it on the laptop away from the office, a couple things happen:

1. The PS window opens barely on the screen, it's way off to the left (toward where the external monitor would be) and I have to drag it back and resize it to fit on the laptop screen.

2. (The bigger issue) When I try to print when using only the laptop, the print dialog box cannot be found. I'm unable to complete printing and have to go into Task Manager and "End Task" on PS to get the program to close. This makes it impossible to finish
    tasks away from my office.

Any help is appreciated.

Mexipickle, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Print dialog hidden

1. Print dialog hidden - Similar Threads - Print dialog hidden

2. Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Dialog Screen Not Working Correctly: After the last update the print dialog screen changed and is no longer showing a preview and is not carrying "more settings" from printer driver back to print process in Windows. i.e. changing media size for example in printer driver does not carry back to program print...
  3. Print dialog screen will not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print dialog screen will not show: Print dialog screen will not show when printing a document. Document goes straight to the printer and prints. I am using windows 10 and already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer....
  4. Print dialog screen will not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print dialog screen will not show: Print dialog screen will not show when printing a document. Document goes straight to the printer and prints. I am using windows 10 and already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer....
  5. Print dialog screen will not show

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Photos Print Dialog Box

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Print Dialog Box: In the Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, when trying to print a JPG from the app, the dialog box appears and disappears almost within a split second. I have restarted the machine, reset the app, and changed the default printer but nothing seems to...
  7. Print dialog disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print dialog disappears: I can print fine but the print dialog does not come up to make changes or select different printer. This is only since the install of office 365. The 365 install may not be related, as I have not seen this before. Updated HP drivers for printer and software. PC running...
  8. Print Dialog box contents opposite

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Dialog box contents opposite: Recently the print dialog box changed. In the past when i clicked print and the box opened there was a preview on the right side of my screen and on the left was the area where you could change the printer, # of copies, orientation etc. Now it's flopped and the preview...
  9. Print Dialog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Dialog: I have a shared printer and when I print to it, the printer icon does not close, it does on the other printer that I print directly to. I have tried "Refresh" and "Close" and it still stays active. 119508
  10. Print without Dialog Box in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Print without Dialog Box in IE: Below code works for IE (11,10) in Windows 7, but does not work in Windows 10. var PrintCommand = '<OBJECT ID="PrintCommandObject" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 '; PrintCommand += 'CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';...