Windows 10: Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

Discus and support Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user who, when trying to print files from File Explorer, does not receive the print dialogue box prior to printing the documents. She has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asher Wilkinson, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

I have a user who, when trying to print files from File Explorer, does not receive the print dialogue box prior to printing the documents. She has to print multiple documents at a time from a folder stored locally. She uses two printers: One is a third-party PDF printer which prints to the folder on the computer. This is her primary and she uses it the most. The other printer is a physical printer in the office.

Right now, the computer will only print from the physical printer. Even if we set the PDF printer as the default printer, and we try to print out of File Explorer, it will still only print from the physical printer. We can run a print job from another application to get a dialogue box in that application, but it will then only print from the printer we selected for that print job if we try again from file explorer, regardless of which printer is set as the default printer. If we uninstall that printer then try to print out of File Explorer, a random printer is selected, and the computer attempts to print from there.

I can't find an option to enable the prompt in either print or file explorer settings.

We have run updates and restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled both printers and associated software, we have run a full disk cleanup, and restarted the print spooler service. The option to allow Windows to automatically select a printer has been disabled.

1 Any ideas on what could be causing Windows to not use the default printer?

2 Is there a way that I can enable a print dialogue box to appear when the user tries to print from file explorer so she can easily switch between printers?

Thanks!

:)

Asher Wilkinson, Feb 19, 2020

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 19, 2020
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Feb 19, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

1. Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Print dialogue doesn't

2. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  3. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  4. FILE Explorer Print problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FILE Explorer Print problem: 1. I installed a new HP8020 printer 2. It does not show up in Control Panel Printers and scanners as a scanner. The other HP did. 3. In FILE Explorer when I right click on a file and choose print it just prints. I no longer get the print option box where i can choose...
  5. save print output as dialogue box

save print output as dialogue box: Printing emails to pdf's using "microsoft print to pdf" as the printer the next dialogue box after clicking print is "save printout output as" I used to see to be able to select which folder to save to with ability to see other pdf files in the folder. Now I can only...
  6. Printing from file explorer doesn't work.

Printing from file explorer doesn't work.: I have a super weird issue. My printer is Canon LBP622Cdw. I have the latest drivers. The printer is recognized in windows and would print anything from any program - illustrator, photoshop, paint, word, you name it. But, for the life of it, it won't print a thing straight...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't appear as an option to unzip files

Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't appear as an option to unzip files: File Explorer doesn't appear as an option to unzip files. I checked the default app settings and all that appears is a prompt to go to the windows play store to download an app for unzipping files. I reset all the default app settings to see if it was hiding somewhere but it...
  8. File operation dialogue

in Windows 10 Support
    File operation dialogue: Has anyone else noticed that if you have maybe 4 or more windows open, for example you are drilling down several levels of folders on a couple of drives, maybe to organise doc's / images...whatever, that most often the file dialogue (the one that asks for confirmation)...
  9. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...
  10. .docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box

.docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box: when using another app / program, when I 'select file' the File Explorer dialogue box opens, but none of my .docx files are listed. This has only started happening since the update earlier this week (w/c 04/02/2019). Can see in Community that others had this problem with...