Windows 10: Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

Discus and support Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user who, when trying to print files from File Explorer, does not receive the print dialogue box prior to printing the documents. She has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asher Wilkinson, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

I have a user who, when trying to print files from File Explorer, does not receive the print dialogue box prior to printing the documents. She has to print multiple documents at a time from a folder stored locally. She uses two printers: One is a third-party PDF printer which prints to the folder on the computer. This is her primary and she uses it the most. The other printer is a physical printer in the office.

Right now, the computer will only print from the physical printer. Even if we set the PDF printer as the default printer, and we try to print out of File Explorer, it will still only print from the physical printer. We can run a print job from another application to get a dialogue box in that application, but it will then only print from the printer we selected for that print job if we try again from file explorer, regardless of which printer is set as the default printer. If we uninstall that printer then try to print out of File Explorer, a random printer is selected, and the computer attempts to print from there.

I can't find an option to enable the prompt in either print or file explorer settings.

We have run updates and restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled both printers and associated software, we have run a full disk cleanup, and restarted the print spooler service. The option to allow Windows to automatically select a printer has been disabled.

1 Any ideas on what could be causing Windows to not use the default printer?

2 Is there a way that I can enable a print dialogue box to appear when the user tries to print from file explorer so she can easily switch between printers?

Thanks!

:)

Asher Wilkinson, Feb 19, 2020

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 19, 2020
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Feb 19, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

1. Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Print dialogue doesn't

2. password-requiring dialogue doesn't appear when opening protected files in a zip folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password-requiring dialogue doesn't appear when opening protected files in a zip folder: Hi,I was sent a password-protected zip file, and I have the password.I can open the zip folder without any problem, but not the files inside. When I click on one, a message like this appears:"Windows cannot complete the extraction.The destination file could not be...
  3. password-requiring dialogue doesn't appear when opening protected files in a zip folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password-requiring dialogue doesn't appear when opening protected files in a zip folder: Hi,I was sent a password-protected zip file, and I have the password.I can open the zip folder without any problem, but not the files inside. When I click on one, a message like this appears:"Windows cannot complete the extraction.The destination file could not be...
  4. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  5. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  6. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  8. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  9. Printing from file explorer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from file explorer doesn't work.: I have a super weird issue. My printer is Canon LBP622Cdw. I have the latest drivers. The printer is recognized in windows and would print anything from any program - illustrator, photoshop, paint, word, you name it. But, for the life of it, it won't print a thing straight...
  10. .docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box: when using another app / program, when I 'select file' the File Explorer dialogue box opens, but none of my .docx files are listed. This has only started happening since the update earlier this week (w/c 04/02/2019). Can see in Community that others had this problem with...