Windows 10: print direct to printer not available over a network

Discus and support print direct to printer not available over a network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My old Epson dot printer when connected locally has horizontal white lines if the spooler is engaged. When I set it to print directly to printer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by was698002previously, Jan 31, 2020.

1. print direct to printer not available over a network

My old Epson dot printer when connected locally has horizontal white lines if the spooler is engaged. When I set it to print directly to printer it works perfectly. Now I want to connect it to a home network and when I do it prints to spooler and the white lines are back. That cannot be changed. When i try to print direct it says "Printer settings could not be saved. The parameter is incorrect" Why is that? If I turn off the spooler it won't print at all. This is with the test page, no apps involved.

:)

was698002previously, Jan 31, 2020

2. printing direct from nokia lumia to network printer

How do you print direct from Nokia lumia 1020 to network printer?

or when will Nokia make this feature available??

PaulRiding, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 31, 2020
  4. print direct to printer not available over a network

Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

print direct to printer not available over a network

1. print direct to printer not available over a network - Similar Threads - print direct printer

2. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  3. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  4. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    setup printer for direct printing using Windows 10: How do I setup a printer for direct printing via USB? My print spooler is currently disabled due to the ongoing security issues. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-printer-for-direct-printing-using-windows-10/7e9acd64-9f05-4cdc-b3c7-c09c3f946999
  6. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  7. Printing saves rather than prints Network printer

Printing saves rather than prints Network printer: I work in an office. We have 20 network printers. On one PC no matter what printer you choose it always saves. It does not print from any printer. It is windows 10 Enterprise. The printer I am trying to print to is connected to the computer via a cord. I have it selected as...
  8. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  9. Printing to a shared printer over VPN.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing to a shared printer over VPN.: At local site host site Win10 PC with IP 192.168.1.20 and the router configured for remote PPTP VPN. At remote site, Win7 PC with a shared printer attached called HPshare. After establishing the VPN connection and based on my router config the Win7 PC at the remote sites...
  10. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working: Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is...