Windows 10: Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

Discus and support Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to print directly to Windows Fax and Scan to fax a document without having to print it, then scan it, and then fax it? I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BGG112508, Jun 30, 2020.

1. BGG112508 Win User

Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

Is it possible to print directly to Windows Fax and Scan to fax a document without having to print it, then scan it, and then fax it? I have a wireless printer HP OfficeJet 5740. I used to be able to print directly to scan, however something has changed I'll research that with HP. Then, I found Windows Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem connected to my computer. I do have wi-fi, but not sure if that would be considered a wireless network for the purpose of setting up and connecting Windows Fax and Scan on my computer. Thanks in advance.

:)

BGG112508, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

mikephillips, Jun 30, 2020
  3. WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN NOT WORKING

Thank you for the information.

You can enable the Windows Fax and Scan feature by following the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Control Panel.
    • Choose Programs, and then select Programs and Features.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Expand Print and Documents Services.
    • Place a check mark under Windows Fax and Scan.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

Windows Fax and Scan

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup Windows Fax and scanner on a network.

When you say "it doesnt recognize my network name" do you get any error message and are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue.

In this scenario, make sure that you enable Windows Fax and scanner from Turn Windows feature on or off under Programs and Features. (Press
    Windows + R key > type optionalfeatures.exe > expand
    Print and Documents Services > check the box for Windows Fax and Scan)

Perform these steps to setup Windows Fax and Scan on your PC.

1. Click on Start menu/Search and type Windows Fax and Scan
    2. Click on New Faxfrom top left corner and click on
      Connect to a fax server on my network.
    3. Follow the onscreen steps.
    4. Click on New Scanfrom top left corner and
      choose your preferred scan settings.

Note: Before you begin, make sure your computer is connected to the network and you know the network address of the fax server and also make sure that the scanner is connected to the PC.

As additional information, please refer these article:

How to save Faxes to a Network Location using Windows
    Fax and Scan

Windows 10 CTP: Windows Fax and Scan

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

1. Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan - Similar Threads - Print Directly Fax

2. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes: As of the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, our Windows Fax and Scan setup now prints all outgoing faxes in addition to incoming faxes. This is unnecessary and we have no idea why this has begun. Has anyone experienced this? We can't find a setting for it....
  9. fax and scan does not print

fax and scan does not print: windows fax and scan does not print so I cant scan multipale documents and save them as pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-does-not-print/636bdb4f-90a9-4875-ab98-65292ffeeaa3
  10. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...