Windows 10: Print Directory in Windows 10

Discus and support Print Directory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seeking use of Print Directory for listing of files in any folder. Absolute necessity in editing work inclusions of contained titles. Available in XP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerfSetag, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DerfSetag Win User

Print Directory in Windows 10

Seeking use of Print Directory for listing of files in any folder. Absolute necessity in editing work inclusions of contained titles. Available in XP & 7 but now needed for 10? How can one access this important tool?

:)

DerfSetag, Jan 14, 2019

2. Print Directory option in Windows 10

Tina,

I clicked "Me Too" on this one. Here is what I have found so far:

1. The command line method *does* work, but it's clumsy and awkward compared to KB 321379.

2. 'Directory List & Print' is a decent freeware. Used with its 'Copy to Clipboard' option, it's really not bad. I may actuallt send Infonautics the $20 if it works out well. I wish I could use it right from File Explorer, though.

How To Print Folder And Directory Contents In Windows.

2a. I am able to keep the 'Directory List & Print' link on my Start menu using 'Classic Shell' Windows Start button upgrade, which was so useful on Windows 8.1 that I *did* send them their suggested donation.

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

Here are some other links in my research.

For now, the winner is 'Directory List & Print', launched from 'Classic Shell'.

Hope this is helps.

All the best,

Rick

How to print list of files in folder in Windows 8

http://www.howtogeek.com/98064/how-to-print-or-save-a-directory-listing-to-a-file/

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-print-folder-and-directory-contents-in-windows/

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/print-list-of-files-in-directory/

RickStockton, Jan 14, 2019
  3. print directory list

How to print a directory list in Windows Explorer as a text file with folders and their attributes and place in Excel?

ChristopherKravits, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Piasabird Win User

printing directories

I am using windows 10. I'm able to print directories via the help I received from the community several years ago. I'm now doing this in earnest so that I can have all printed out to be able to clean up some of the mistakes I made in filing and saving
    documents over the past several years. My question now is: how can I print the very first screen I get when I access "this PC"? It comes up as icons, or can change to txt, but the method for printing directories doesn't seem to work there. (I print directories
    by getting to a dos control screen and typing dir>printit.txt, (hit enter), then finding the resulting new file in the directory listing and going to it and using the regular print command.) I just want to have the complete tree for working with. Thanks.

Piasabird, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Print Directory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Print Directory

2. Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]: [IMG]If the Canon printer is not printing on your Windows PC, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Usually, this issue can occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers, loose connections in a printer, etc. Fix Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC...
  3. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  4. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  5. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  7. Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory: Hi Support,I have windows 11 Professional Operating System. I have configured the User's account in Active directory so that user should not change the password and the password will never expired. If user forgotten the password,we will change the user password /reset in...
  8. Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory: Hi Support,I have windows 11 Professional Operating System. I have configured the User's account in Active directory so that user should not change the password and the password will never expired. If user forgotten the password,we will change the user password /reset in...
  9. Print a directory list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print a directory list: How do I print a list of the files in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-a-directory-list/549c4bf3-6068-449e-96c9-004042337cd4"
  10. What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?: The only way I know to get a hardcopy of the files in a folder is to take successive Snips, put them into Word and print them out. Is there a better way? tia las...