Windows 10: Print Driver disappearing

Discus and support Print Driver disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running the latest Windows 10 version. On several ocassions, I have had to uninstall/reinstall the canon pixma drivers because the printer won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BruceR55, Sep 17, 2020.

1. BruceR55 Win User

Print Driver disappearing

I am running the latest Windows 10 version. On several ocassions, I have had to uninstall/reinstall the canon pixma drivers because the printer won't print. I don't know what else could be causing this unless Windows is doing something to the print driver.

This is a pixma 432 and it was put in service in 2012. Could it be the driver is so old, it is no longer compatible with the latest Windows 10 versions? I have the latest one available from Canon for this printer.

:)

BruceR55, Sep 17, 2020

2. Documents Disappear in Print Spooler before printing

Hi David,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to print documents on a wireless printer that other computer can use to print. This could be caused by outdated device drivers or the
    print spooler that temporarily stores print jobs on the computer needs to be reset

Since you are still not able to print documents after you completing different troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps to

clear and reset the print spooler
    to resolve your concern. This will allow you to restart the
    print spooler service that manages the printing process in your computer.

We look forward to your response after you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 17, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Printing

Hi,

Print Spooler service is your main connector with the printer, and if this service doesn’t work, you won’t be able to print your documents. To assist you with your printing concern, kindly refer to the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Run the Printing Troubleshooter

We suggest that you click on this article and follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix printer problems.

Method 2: Uninstall unnecessary printers

Having two or more printers installed can cause issues with the Print Spooler and printing. Follow the steps below to uninstall any unnecessary printers:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, locate Devices and Printers.
    • In Devices and Printers section select the printer you want to remove and click Print server properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab. You should see the list of all installed printers.
    • Select the printer you want to remove and click the Remove button.
    • Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to completely remove the printer.
    • After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Print Driver disappearing

Windows 10 client doesn't load the print driver from the XP print server

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

Which Printer drivers are installed in #2 computer? Windows 10 or Windows XP?

Are you facing any issues with Printer after installing Windows XP drivers in #3 Computer?

I suggest you to Stop and Start the Print Spooler services by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R key, type services.msc
      and press Enter.
    • From the list, locate Print Spooler service.
    • Double click on the service and select Stop and click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    • Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.
    • Double click on the service and check if the service is started.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Print Driver disappearing

1. Print Driver disappearing - Similar Threads - Print Driver disappearing

2. print spooler keeps stopping - print drivers disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print spooler keeps stopping - print drivers disappeared: The print spooler keeps stopping every few minutes and the print drivers disappeared overnight and I can't reinstall because they say the print spooler is stoppedI haver other pc's connected to the printers and they work fine.They are wireless printersHELP!...
  3. print spooler keeps stopping - print drivers disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print spooler keeps stopping - print drivers disappeared: The print spooler keeps stopping every few minutes and the print drivers disappeared overnight and I can't reinstall because they say the print spooler is stoppedI haver other pc's connected to the printers and they work fine.They are wireless printersHELP!...
  4. print spooler keeps stopping - print drivers disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing: Good day everyone, hope everyone is doing fine during this pandemic. So, as my title, my printer HP Deskjet 1510, connect using USB can't print anything after a failed Windows Update yesterday, the update froze at 48% I have no choice but to force shut down my laptop....
  6. Print Driver disappearing

Print Driver disappearing: I am running the latest Windows 10 version. On several ocassions, I have had to uninstall/reinstall the canon pixma drivers because the printer won't print. I don't know what else could be causing this unless Windows is doing something to the print driver. This is a pixma...
  7. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing: I am using a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is working - I can monitor ink levels etc from the Brother Control centre on my PC but I can't print....
  8. Print drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print drivers: I had installed a printer with Windows 10, and it was working fine. All of a sudden it stopped printing. I uninstalled it and tried re-installing it, but now it says print driver unavailable. How do I install the print driver?...
  9. Print Job Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Job Disappearing: I followed all the recommended options for helping my print job not disappear, but they continue to spool for a couple seconds then disappear...I am at my wits end. I know its not the printer because a test print works fine. I have windows 10...
  10. Print dialog disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print dialog disappears: I can print fine but the print dialog does not come up to make changes or select different printer. This is only since the install of office 365. The 365 install may not be related, as I have not seen this before. Updated HP drivers for printer and software. PC running...