Windows 10: Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Discus and support Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just tried to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a document from Word with duplexing. Note that this is entirely Windows, Word, and Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J. Clarke, Jan 8, 2021.

1. J. Clarke Win User

Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

I just tried to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a document from Word with duplexing. Note that this is entirely Windows, Word, and Microsoft Print to PDF, there are no physical printers or third party products involved.

I was given two options: "Print One Sided" and "Manually Print On Both Sides".

I was not given either of the the options "Print on Both Sides-Flip".

I believe that this is a change in behavior from a year ago, when I was able to create a duplexed PDF of this same document.

Is there any corrective action that i can take?

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.685

Word for Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.13426.20270 32-bit

Microsoft Print to PDF Driver Version 10.0.19041.1

I have also checked this on several other systems, however I did not record the version details for those.

Steps to replicate:

Open Word

Create a New blank document.

File/Print/Microsoft Print to PDF/drop down list under "Print One Sided"

:)

J. Clarke, Jan 8, 2021

2. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

I have created a presentation (in Open Office), and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF". That creates a PDF file. The problem I have is this - when I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then
    try to print a copy, Acrobat Reader does not let me select duplex mode. The only option I get from Acrobat Reader is to select Portrait or Landscape. It is obvious that Microsoft Print to PDF has no option to select duplex, so the PDF that is created is
    not a normal PDF. I have not printed the file to see if it is duplexed. How do I tell MS Print to PDF that I want duplex? Thanks.

Barry S. Finkel, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our
    printers. On 3/3, I used Publisher and Microsoft Print to PDF to create a PDF to print the booklets using automatic duplex printers. Today, I went to create a new PDF with updated information and Microsoft Print to PDF no longer offers the automatic 2 sided
    printing. My only choices are print 1 side and manually 2 side printing. What happened? Was I dreaming that there used to be an automatic 2 sided printing option? When I choose the manual option it says my printer is not set up for duplex printing yet.
    I went through the set up process then tried to print and it asks me again to set it up. I have removed Print to PDF and resinstalled the driver and still no auto duplex printing. What can I do? I need to create a PDF that can be used for automatic duplex
    printing. My cohorts don't have Publisher.

Does it matter want kind of printer I have? It's an HP PageWide MFP 377dw. When I print directly to it, the publisher document prints appropriately and auto duplex.

NJTransit203a, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Barry

There is no such thing as a single sided or duplex PDF file, it is just a file like, any other file, so the Microsoft Print to PDF is not the problem

When you go into Acrobat or any other application to print that file, it is your printer driver that provides the Duplex option, so in Acrobat when you click Print, then choose Printer Settings, it is form there that the Duplex option should appear, if it
    does not, re-install your printer drivers . . .

DaveM121 (2), Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

1. Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF - Similar Threads - Print Duplex Word

2. print to pdf in word freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print to pdf in word freezes: tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to...
  3. print to pdf in word freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print to pdf in word freezes: tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to...
  4. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  5. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  6. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. duplex printing

duplex printing: How can I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 to print duplex automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplex-printing/4cfd2451-0811-4275-b6f2-42e49373efb9
  8. Print Duplex off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Duplex off: The latest windows update negated duplex orinting. Any help would be appreciated. Estelle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-duplex-off/f0c42c58-156b-49a1-8975-bf309dcf0004
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have created a presentation in Open Office, and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF". That creates a PDF file. The problem I have is this - when I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then try to print a copy,...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our printers. On 3/3, I...