Windows 10: Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...

Discus and support Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I sometimes need print large images as A3 or A2 and to do so I usually print my image to PDF using the image sized on an A3 page but printed using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CindyPowell1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...

I sometimes need print large images as A3 or A2 and to do so I usually print my image to PDF using the image sized on an A3 page but printed using the 'Fit to' option on the print menu, where I can select to split the image print over 2 x A4 pages. The print preview of this will show the print as 2 images over 2 pages which if printed and taped together will make one large image.

I did a windows update last week and this option for printing is no longer available. I don't know when it disappeared as I haven't needed to do one of these prints in the past year or so but I now need to do lots and no matter what I do, I can't enable it.

It seems to be that the printer driver has changed but before I mess about with all my print settings can anyone clarify whether this option has been removed or not?

Thanks

:)

CindyPowell1, Aug 17, 2020

2. Trouble with the Image Resolution when I use the print on paper option in 3D Builder.

Hi,

As per the description, you are going through a problem on image resolution editing.

To assist you better we would like know few details on this printing issue:

• After selecting the Zoomed Image, have you tried printing? If yes, did the print come in paper?

• Are the drivers updated with the latest versions?

• Which printer you are using?
    The image in screen shot looks like the resolution is too high, due to which the preview page shows the straight line in curve shape. Hence we would request you to please edit the resolution as per A4 sheet printer.

The image needs to be 2480 x 3508 pixels. This is the required resolution for quality offset printing that will be viewed from a short distance (such as books, brochures, magazines, calendars).

To edit the image in 3D builder please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Select the Image in 3D builder

Step 2: Bottom center page has three options:
    Move, Rotate and Scale.

Step 3: Select the Scale option and click on the image, you will be able to
    edit the resolution.

Step 4: Select the Print on Paper option in menu.

Hope the above steps will help you in editing the image so that it can be printed.
    If there are any difficulties in editing the resolution, please write back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Aug 17, 2020
  3. DOSGeezer Win User
    print a "contact sheet" of images

Yes! Selecting different size paper does help, however, I still can't get the pics's (jpg) to print in order; e.g. 001, 002, 002 etc.

Got any more ideas?

thank you for your suggestions

DOS Geezer

DOSGeezer, Aug 17, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...

print a "contact sheet" of images

Hi DOSGeezer,

It seems the only way to print your images multi-up on a page in Windows 10 is to select the bottom option (contact sheet) on that printing dialog

However, it will print 35 up with captions on the printing page . . .

What you may be able to do, if your printer supports it, is to print to A3 rather than A4 and you will end up with larger images with captions . . .

DaveM121, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...

1. Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer... - Similar Threads - Print images using

2. My Computer No Longer Prints Images Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer No Longer Prints Images Correctly: So the problem is here but doesn't have a real solution:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-365-is-printing-images-wrong-size-even-though/af3dde4f-55e8-4855-a66e-2c68a1f55568When I insert an image into a Word document and print, the image prints too...
  3. My Computer No Longer Prints Images Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer No Longer Prints Images Correctly: So the problem is here but doesn't have a real solution:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-365-is-printing-images-wrong-size-even-though/af3dde4f-55e8-4855-a66e-2c68a1f55568When I insert an image into a Word document and print, the image prints too...
  4. My Computer No Longer Prints Images Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I print 6 images on one A4 sheet?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I print 6 images on one A4 sheet?: Yesterday I printed 6 images on one A4 sheet, today I can't remember how I did it, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-print-6-images-on-one-a4-sheet/5482b553-4cdb-4618-9565-b8a4a2cdc087
  6. Printing A4 from two A5 pages, using Word 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing A4 from two A5 pages, using Word 2010: Okay, so I learned how to print two A5 pages on one A4 sheet. That has been very useful. However, my new problem is the reverse of this.I have produced my own physical perennial diary - great for reminding me to get the MoT done, buy insurance, put the bins out, etc. This has...
  7. Telling the computer to print a document/image but it only prints half or the page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Telling the computer to print a document/image but it only prints half or the page?: I don't know what is going on and am not sure if my english is clear enough. I am computer technician and work in a building with +30 people. A few people are having problems when printing. It only prints half of the page. Some people have this issue, others do not, so me...
  8. "Sorry, there is no preview...." displaying over image in preview and then printing over image.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sorry, there is no preview...." displaying over image in preview and then printing over image.: Ok, I've run out of ideas. My parents get a splash overprinted both in preview and the resulting print described basically above. This is when printing from Edge on a web based email. I have already tried another browser so it is not that. Ideas? They can print without this...
  9. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.: HI, I have 4k monitor. When i press print screen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, the image is captured in 1920x1080 resolution on top left corner and the rest of the captured area is black. It does not capture 4k screenshot. Please help. [IMG]...
  10. Is there a way to tile print an image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tile print an image?: Im trying to print a black and white image to about 13”x13”. I remember doing this when I was younger in Word. I have windows 10 now and can not for the life of me figure how to tile print from an image in Word. Is there any other program that is free to use or part of the...