Windows 10: Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small

Discus and support Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, New computer, new Win 10. Unfortunately, the print in the file explorer is microscopic. I can barely make it out. I've set the computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gene1000, Mar 5, 2017.

1. gene1000 Win User

Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small

Hello all,
    New computer, new Win 10. Unfortunately, the print in the file explorer is microscopic. I can barely make it out. I've set the computer to a lower resolution so I can easily see the type in my Photoshop program and other programs. However, the file explorer print is still way too small.

I've tinkered with advanced display settings and changed a bunch of things including title bars, menus, palette, message boxes, etc. Unfortunately, the file explorer remains too small to see. I do not want to use the magnifier all of the time.

Is there any way to increase the print in the file explorer window without altering anything else? Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you rectify it?

Thank you for the help.

:)

gene1000, Mar 5, 2017

2. Personalising 'File Explorer' Environment and Display (Text Size Etc.)

In file explorer Win 10, how can I change the size of the display text. Currently it is too small for me to read. Incidentally when I first loaded Win 10 it appeared normal. Thanks in anticipation, Peter

First namePeterMackenzie, Mar 5, 2017
  3. printer is printing too small.

From: Amal Bhakta <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:46 PM

To: Microsoft Community

Subject: Re: Question has reply: printer is printing too small.

"The printer is a DELL, and the model is a B1160w. My computer is a DELL Inspiron i5547, I use Internet Explorer 11, and have Windows 10, and I use Outlook.com. Hope that's enough info for you to advise me. The fonts are printing much too small--about 6
    point--but were printing at 12 point.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks.

Alan"

Supremepersonality, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 5, 2017
  5. gene1000 Win User
    Thanks, Brink. Actually, I just discovered that changing the "Icon" in advanced settings changes the size of the type in explorer too, while not changing the size of the icon!

gene1000, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small - Similar Threads - Print File Explorer

2. Printing too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing too small: I have a new dell computer and it prints too small on my Epson et-8500. My other computer prints fine surface pro. Ever since the windows update the print size has been screwed up on the dell. What's the deal?...
  3. Printing too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing too small: I have a new dell computer and it prints too small on my Epson et-8500. My other computer prints fine surface pro. Ever since the windows update the print size has been screwed up on the dell. What's the deal?...
  4. Printer printing font too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer printing font too small: HP printer not printing correct font size from Word or e-mails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-font-too-small/8c3bf3ac-6deb-414b-ab47-1c1b7fad81a6
  5. Printer printing font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer printing font too small: HP printer not printing correct font size from Word or e-mails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-font-too-small/8c3bf3ac-6deb-414b-ab47-1c1b7fad81a6
  6. Printer printing font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer explores too much!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer explores too much!: How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named files, but also a lot of other jpg files with images of chequered floors. If I search for "castle" it finds all sorts of...
  8. Windows Mail Printing too small

Windows Mail Printing too small: I am having an issue with trying to print emails. They print in miniature font - so small it is virtually unreadable - in the top left hand corner of the page. This has been since the latest update. I am using Windows 10 and printing on an Epson ET-2760 . I have read on...
  9. print size too small

print size too small: print size is way too small to read even though text on email is normal size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-size-too-small/9a183943-6cea-4d75-af0f-52c090c1e3e3
  10. File Explorer search returning too much

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search returning too much: I have figured out that when File Explorer searches, it includes the filepath as well as file name and contents. I see this as a problem, since I rarely, if ever, search based on the filepath. Please tell me there's a way to turn this off. I also see an option for whether...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer print is too light and too small