Windows 10: Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients

Discus and support Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is a cups printer service configured on Suse Linux machine that redirects print requests from ERP system to windows client. User is able to send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Evren Sarac, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients

There is a cups printer service configured on Suse Linux machine that redirects print requests from ERP system to windows client. User is able to send print jobs successfully from windows 7 clients but not from windows 10 clients. Please find details below. We have SLE11 that supports only SMBv1 but we couldn't get print on Windows 10 clients. I know Suse 12 supports SMBv2 but it is difficult to upgrade it from Suse11 to 12 now. Do you have any suggestions to enable SMBv1 on Windows 10 clients?

Printer type: OKI dotmatrix all printers are installed on users' computers.
    Windows client: win7 and win10

:)

Evren Sarac, Jun 15, 2020
  2. reidcc Win User

SuSe 10.2 MP3 support ?'s

I can help here... but only via a site where I found this before. I can't even remember the site, but search in Google for "Hacking SUSE 10.2"

The first site that pops up will list the steps necessary to add MP3 support(and other plug-ins and DVD support) to SUSE.

Chris

reidcc, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients

Windows 10 client doesn't load the print driver from the XP print server

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

Which Printer drivers are installed in #2 computer? Windows 10 or Windows XP?

Are you facing any issues with Printer after installing Windows XP drivers in #3 Computer?

I suggest you to Stop and Start the Print Spooler services by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R key, type services.msc
      and press Enter.
    • From the list, locate Print Spooler service.
    • Double click on the service and select Stop and click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    • Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.
    • Double click on the service and check if the service is started.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients

1. Print issue on Suse for Windows 10 clients - Similar Threads - Print issue Suse

2. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  3. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  4. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printing issues with Certain Windows 10 clients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing issues with Certain Windows 10 clients: Have had a number of clients across multiple environments with network printing issues in the last few weeks. Mainly seems to be affecting network printing rather than USB and is affecting different models of printer rather than just one brand. Problem presents in the...
  6. Printing issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing issues with Windows 10: Hi, I cannot print with my Canon. After I launch the printing process, an error notice appears and printer does not respond. I have read this might concern an issue with the most recent Windows updates, especially for patch kb4560960 and kb4557957. So I have uninstalled the...
  7. One client in Windows 10 domain can't print

One client in Windows 10 domain can't print: We have 2 HP network printers connected via ethernet with a fixed IP. These work with all users in the network (15 clients). Except by 1 user. Everything is fine with the print spooler service. In Device manager 1 of the 2 printers is not recognized. With this printer, driver...
  8. Print issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print issues in Windows 10: Split from this thread. I also have the same issue and no updates have fixed this yet. It is very frustrating. any idea when this will be fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-issues-in-windows-10/9e6756b1-de4f-4427-ba47-20269d824c41
  9. Windows 10 print issue

Windows 10 print issue: Hi, In windows 7 and windows 10 setup, user account (who is not admin) with which our application is running does not have permission for C:\Temp directory. However, in windows 7 we were able to print files to printer. In windows 10, when we print as PDF (Microsoft Print as...
  10. Novell Client issues with Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Novell Client issues with Windows 10: I am having issues with windows 10 both 1803 and 1809 trying to login locally instead of with the Novell client. I have the latest client installed. It adds a registry key to disable the automatic restart sign on feature. I also have a GPO to add that key if it isn't present....