Windows 10: Print list of files in folder

Discus and support Print list of files in folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to print list of files in a Windows10 Folder. Instructions from 2015 post in MS Community are as follows: Open a command prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaFin, Mar 13, 2019.

1. HaFin Win User

Print list of files in folder

I want to print list of files in a Windows10 Folder. Instructions from 2015 post in MS Community are as follows:

Open a command prompt.

Navigate to the folder using the command "cd".

Type dir>file.txt where "file.txt" is a name you want to call the file.

When I open command prompt I get PS c:\users\harry

When I type cd, which supposedly permits navigating to folder, I only get a repeat of "PS c:\users\harry"

When I type dir>file.txt (as above), I get "not recognized"

Please tell me why the above commands are not working! very frustrating!!

Harry

:)

HaFin, Mar 13, 2019

2. printing a file list

How to print out a list of all files in a folder, or a list of files in several folders?

Ray and Jill, Mar 13, 2019
  3. print file lists

Though the problem statement is not complete, but I am assuming you want to print the list of files in a folder.

You need to do following to print the list of files in a folder

Hold SHIFT and right click on the folder > Select Open Powershell Window here

Copy the below line and paste into Powershell and Enter

dir > listing.txt

Now, you will have a file named listing in the same folder which will contain the name of the files

You can open listing.txt in a Notepad and print.

Vijay_Verma, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Printing Lists

Hi : My name is Ron. Yes you can use Andre's tip to generate a text file, then open the TXT file in Word or other editor to print. If you want to bring the file list directly into Word, try this macro PRINTING A FILE LIST Printing a File List (Microsoft Word)
    Summary: It is often helpful to have a list of all the documents in a given directory or folder. Word doesn't have a built-in way to generate such a list, but there are a couple of ways you can get the desired information. Or you can use the workaround suggested
    in this tip GET FOLDER / FILE LIST INTO WORD OR EXCEL Get folder / file list into Word or Excel How to get a list of files in a folder into Microsoft Word.

Rohn007, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Print list of files in folder - Similar Threads - Print list files

2. Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive: I'm trying to get a list of file folders on OneDrive to print. I just need the folder names, not any subfolders or files. I'm on Windows 11. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive: I'm trying to get a list of file folders on OneDrive to print. I just need the folder names, not any subfolders or files. I'm on Windows 11. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. File Listing in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  5. List folder files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  6. printing file list

printing file list: How do I print a list of files in a folder? Instructions I find online don't seem to match my circumstances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-file-list/263d839b-b32b-40b1-aece-9b34d50c7032"
  7. Update on previous question re print list of files in folder

Update on previous question re print list of files in folder: Print list of files in folder I want to print list of files in a Windows10 Folder. Instructions from 2015 post in MS Community are as follows: Open a command prompt. Navigate to the folder using the command "cd". Type dir>file.txt where "file.txt" is a name you...
  8. printing a file list

printing a file list: How to print out a list of all files in a folder, or a list of files in several folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-file-list/86c5f9ad-5b73-4ef4-8eb3-0d56159aeb32"
  9. print file lists

print file lists: how do you print file lists? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-file-lists/50bac1be-aae4-4c37-b563-3c1224552eb2"
  10. How can I print a list of Folders and Files as it appears on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I print a list of Folders and Files as it appears on screen: Should be a simple task, Even my keyboard has a "Prt Scr Sys Rq" I believe I have done it in the past Using Word (Home and Student 2007) - what I would like is a "photo snapshot", but printed just of the open folder list of Folders and files as option 1, I am filling pages...