Windows 10: Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and...

Discus and support Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Windows. Printer works fine in Explorer and goes to my default; however, if I use Firefox and I did get on their community, but got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Muffin1976, May 14, 2020.

1. Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and...

Just upgraded to Windows. Printer works fine in Explorer and goes to my default; however, if I use Firefox and I did get on their community, but got no answer yet and I try to print from Firefox on a web page, etc., I get this screen: Print menu has two parts to it.  One has my default printer.  The other has OneNote and... ab86414c-2dfc-4681-bc5d-54fc1c73fd44?upload=true.png

If I click the bar above the word Ready, I get this screen: Print menu has two parts to it.  One has my default printer.  The other has OneNote and... 57a78c3b-f26c-48ef-8741-5d80592a4a55?upload=true.png How do I make the above screen, showing my default printer to show up first and not the OneNote, Microsoft Doc Writer one to show up first? It would make my printing jobs quicker without the extra step. I am not sure where this is going to show up in the questions, but hopefully someone can reach me. Thank you for your wisdom! N.

:)

Muffin1976, May 14, 2020
  2. carsonsw Win User

onenote hijacked printer

Hey Don,

I believe this is the answer to your question:

Remove OneNote as the Default Printer

1. Click the “Start” button and then click “Printers and Devices.”

2. Click the arrow icon next to the “Printers and Faxes” label in the Devices and Printers window to display a complete list of all printer devices installed on the computer. Click and highlight the device name of the printer you want to use as the system default.

3. Right-click the printer device icon and then and click “Set as default printer” after the pop-up menu appears. Close the “Printers and Devices” window. Windows no longer uses the OneNote virtual printer as the default print device when printing from an application.
    If you want to print to the OneNote virtual printer device, you must select it in the “Print” dialog box when you print from Windows programs.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Carson

carsonsw, May 14, 2020
  3. George Win User
    Printing on "Send to Microsoft OneNote" printer does nothing

There is a way to do it. Here are the instructions:

1. Use the appropriate program to open the document or file that you want to import into OneNote. For example, use Microsoft Office Word to open documents or Microsoft Office Excel to open Excel workbooks.
    2. On the File menu, click Print.

Note: Some third-party programs might have different interfaces than the Windows interface. Print commands may have different names and may be in different locations than the commands described in these steps.
    3. In the Print dialog box, select Send to OneNote as the printer, and then click Print. OneNote does not maintain a link to the source file. If the source file is updated, those changes do not appear in your notebook unless you import the file again.

Note: When you print a file to OneNote by using the OneNote print driver, a copy of the file's contents is imported.

Click here for addition info, it's Microsoft's KB also you can watch this . I hope this helps.

George, May 14, 2020
  4. Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and...

Print to OneNote not seen...

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I would like to be able to print to OneNote from various sources but there is no 'Print to OneNote' seen in the list of printers. Could someone explain how I might set this up please?

rafikiphoto, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and...

1. Print menu has two parts to it. One has my default printer. The other has OneNote and... - Similar Threads - Print menu has

2. the onenote for windows 10 printer has a configuration problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the onenote for windows 10 printer has a configuration problem: Hello, I'm using the OneNote for windows 10 on a daily basis. I had before a configuration problem with the printer to pdf and with online tips I solved it. Now, it seems like different problem I attached screen shot. I tried many things, like update the driver or to remove...
  3. Printer has copied itself, and no files can be printed.

Printer has copied itself, and no files can be printed.: This is an issue that appeared out of nowhere, I have tried numerous "Fixes" but nothing helps with making the issue go away. The programs I use let me choose what printers I want, but in the end, the files end in a figurative Limbo. The Control Panel does not show me...
  4. One of my PC’s has two Store icons, the other one only one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my PC’s has two Store icons, the other one only one: On one pc there is a white and a black store icon. On my private pc (up to date) only the white store icon. How come? submitted by /u/ethreax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhbhmx/one_of_my_pcs_has_two_store_icons_the_other_one/
  5. Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing

Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing: As per the title, my desktop Windows 10 64bit system installed an update last night and as of this morning, I can no longer print anything to my Brother DCP-300C printer. The printer shows as available and working in the 'Printers' section but when I send anything to print,...
  6. Two different Taskbars, one has no function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two different Taskbars, one has no function: Hey Community, I have a very strange issue on my Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.778 Desktop, which buggs me every second week. When I boot up, my taskbar looks totally different from the one I configured: [ATTACH] If I press the Windows key, a different taskbar shows up:...
  7. Onenote has deleted everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote has deleted everything: Its seems like no one knows what to do ive been having troubles with one note and one drive as one note has deleted everything including my backups and i can not restore them ive tried every possible way from logging out to shuting off the device but nothing works and all...
  8. my printer has jobs qued but wont print

my printer has jobs qued but wont print: my printer has jobs qued but wont print. its no connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-has-jobs-qued-but-wont-print/4cc0d050-a0f6-442f-905b-41e012dce01a
  9. Sway beats OneNote, OneNote has to improve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sway beats OneNote, OneNote has to improve: OneNote an amazing application, but when it comes to inserting images or other content things start to become spoofy. For example, when I add a vertical-taken-photo to a note on my iPhone, the photo takes up the whole space; and when opening the same note on my Windows the...
  10. Sway beats OneNote, OneNote has to imporve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sway beats OneNote, OneNote has to imporve: OneNote an amazing application, but when it comes to inserting images or other content things start to become spoofy. For example, when I add a vertical-taken-photo to a note on my iPhone, the photo takes up the whole space; and when opening the same note on my Windows the...