Windows 10: Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done

Discus and support Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printing problem. I have recently moved and changed to Sky broadband. TV set up ok and wifi to Canon printer works fine on my phone. It seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NievesXK, Oct 15, 2019.

1. NievesXK Win User

Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done

Printing problem. I have recently moved and changed to Sky broadband. TV set up ok and wifi to Canon printer works fine on my phone. It seems to be ok on the printer which prints out a test page but when I try to print there is a message in print queue to say there is a problem.

I have run troubleshooter under manage your device and shows no issue. I think i may have fiddled with ports and changed something. I have a home Toshiba laptop.

Any help would be very gratefully received because I need to print some stuff this morning.

:)

NievesXK, Oct 15, 2019

2. Printing problem - port in use

Print  problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done [​IMG]
    Since changing my desktop computer to a laptop, I have been having problems printing to my Canon TS8250 multi-function printer. Several times a day, I receive a message that the printer port is in use when I try to print something. When it occurs, the only way to clear it seems to be to reboot my computer, after which the document prints normally.

Print  problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done [​IMG]

I have been on to Canon support and so far, they have been unable to come up with a solution. I tried re-installing the printer drivers as they suggested, but it didn't make any difference. My printer is connected to the network by Wi-Fi, as is my computer. My daughter, who also has a laptop connected to the same network, was able to print without any problems while the port busy message was being displayed on my computer. The signal is very strong to all devices as we are within a few feet at most from the router (my computer is only about a foot away from it).

I'm going to attempt to upload a few screenshots to show what is happening.
    Attachment 236435

TheLyppardMan, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done

printing problems with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I understand that you have successfully installed the printer and printer is detected on your device.

Do let us know few additional information to assist you better:

• Which type of files/ documents are you trying to print from the printer?
    • Are you trying to print from the website? If so, which browser are you using?

As you have connected the printer via USB port, I suggest you to connect the printer to different port and check if it helps.

Also, I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter from the Microsoft article Fix printer problems
    and check if it helps.

Try the above and reply to the post with the required information, we will help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done

1. Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done - Similar Threads - Print problem may

2. What do i do? or what have i done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i do? or what have i done?: When I tried to open my Fortnite just now it gave me this message 11:02:18: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:02:20: Updating... 11:02:20: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error 1275. For more information I downloaded the new driver from GeForce and then that...
  3. What do i do? or what have i done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do i do? or what have i done?: When I tried to open my Fortnite just now it gave me this message 11:02:18: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:02:20: Updating... 11:02:20: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error 1275. For more information I downloaded the new driver from GeForce and then that...
  4. Hello, ¿May you help me to understand what I have to do to solve this? I do not ask for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello, ¿May you help me to understand what I have to do to solve this? I do not ask for...: I have not started this restore process. It just appears when I turn on my computer and allows me to do nothing else. When I click the X to close and exit the process, the system reboots again and everything starts over. So over and over again......
  5. I have a 0xC0000719 error and I have done what's in the other post but it still there.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a 0xC0000719 error and I have done what's in the other post but it still there.: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{98cd4dff-961f-44d5-9a68-746042da58a5} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{b995c36b-fdae-4b3d-b707-e76960b35554} Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}...
  6. I have a 0xC0000719 error and I have done what's in the other post but it still there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 0xC0000719 error and I have done what's in the other post but it still there.: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{98cd4dff-961f-44d5-9a68-746042da58a5} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{b995c36b-fdae-4b3d-b707-e76960b35554} Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}...
  7. I have a 0xC0000719 error and I have done what's in the other post but it still there.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What have I done to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What have I done to my laptop?: About two weeks ago I used the steps in this video to fix a problem I was having with a certain website https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPS01qrobc I use my android phone as a hotspot for my laptop, but after doing the steps in this video my laptop has started to refuse...
  9. Dont understand what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dont understand what is wrong?: HELLO I am hoping someone can help me here. I installed Windows 10 on my Hp CQ62 215DX and it installe djust fine but when it goes to set up it just keeps coming up with a weird word and says (OOBEREGION) the next on is (OOBEKEYBOARD|0 "Something wnet wrong , you...
  10. I can't work out what I have done ?

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't work out what I have done ?: I was on this forum just a short while ago about not having Admin rights to alter the Hosts file. It was a very small thing that needed doing with no complications of any kind. But just after I had done my stuff in that area I found that I was unable to open MyComputer and...