Windows 10: print queue in Windows 10 in wrong order

Discus and support print queue in Windows 10 in wrong order in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home Version 1903 on HP Envy laptop, 64 bit. I am trying to print PDFs (or Word documents) from File Explorer, in order by file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iantnm, Sep 9, 2019.

1. iantnm Win User

print queue in Windows 10 in wrong order

I am using Windows 10 Home Version 1903 on HP Envy laptop, 64 bit.

I am trying to print PDFs (or Word documents) from File Explorer, in order by file name. They are sorted by name (for simplicity's sake, let's call them Page 1, Page 2, etc.). I highlight pages 1 to 15, right-click and select print. They are sent to the print queue of my default printer (HP). When I examine the print queue, they are all out of order, and when I print them they are also out of order. When I try the same thing with another printer (Canon), the same happens. The same also happens with Word documents. How is it possible to send multiple highlighted files to a printer in the order in which they are sorted? I have a folder which contains up to 100 files, all sorted in the way I'd like them printed, but I don't want to have to highlight each one in turn, right click, then select print. I understand that I am limited to printing 15 at a time, and both my printers are configured to print first-to-last.

Thanks

:)

iantnm, Sep 9, 2019
  2. 808bty Win User

Print Queue Personality Configuration

I've created many plot/print queues for the convenience of our users.

• Print queue personality is set on the Print Server
    • Personality settings include preset - orientation, paper size (A, B C, D, E), color/B&W, etc.
    With these preset personality settings, my users don't have to go through the print configuration steps for all the different types of documents they print.

They simply select the queue and print.

Some time a while ago, the personality settings for each print queue saved on my print server are no longer the default print queue setting on the users machine after they select the print queue.

Is there some way I can automatically "push" the print queue personality settings to every client who uses the queues?

Clients - W7 & W10

Print Server OS - Server 2012

Applications used - MS Office Suite, MicroStation, BentleyView, Bluebeam, G Technology Suite

808bty, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Error: "Print Queue is full" on Windows 10

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to access the printer under desktop after upgrading to Windows 10 with error: Print queue is full, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps on desktop device and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  4. gerryex Win User

Automatically show print queue?

Hi Brink,

Thanks for the suggestion as I am already using the notification area icon to bring up the queue. I also saw the other thread about making a shortcut for the queue and may give that try.

But I would still like to have the queue popup automatically when a print job is started. So if there are any other suggestions I would welcome them!

Thanks,
    Gerry

gerryex, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. print queue in Windows 10 in wrong order - Similar Threads - print queue wrong

2. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  3. Print Queue - view

Print Queue - view: Hi, how can I switch to the list view at the Print Queue?I need to review and check several print jobs in the company print queue and current Tiles view in Win 11 is not sufficient.Thank you for advice...
  4. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. print queue missing

print queue missing: Hi Everyone, I had tp reconfigure my printer and had a queue waiting on my laptop to print. By the time I got my printer setup for my laptop my queue of stuff to print has disappeared. HELP...
  8. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  9. Print Queue Issue

Print Queue Issue: Hello! I am having persistent issues on numerous units where the print jobs will get stuck in the print queue. I am able to fix the error by restarting the spooler everytime, however, this is happening on unattended devices used to print receipts, so I restarting the...
  10. root print queue

in Windows 10 Support
    root print queue: Hi all. I hope someone can help me since i upgraded to windows 10. I cant print, in device manager it has the root print queue listed in Other Devices with a little blue question mark on it. I have attempted to uodate the driver via windows uldate but still doesnt work....