Windows 10: print queue

Discus and support print queue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cageyvet, Jan 1, 2020.

1. cageyvet Win User

print queue

printed documents not deleting from queue

:)

cageyvet, Jan 1, 2020
  2. 808bty Win User

Print Queue Personality Configuration

I've created many plot/print queues for the convenience of our users.

• Print queue personality is set on the Print Server
    • Personality settings include preset - orientation, paper size (A, B C, D, E), color/B&W, etc.
    With these preset personality settings, my users don't have to go through the print configuration steps for all the different types of documents they print.

They simply select the queue and print.

Some time a while ago, the personality settings for each print queue saved on my print server are no longer the default print queue setting on the users machine after they select the print queue.

Is there some way I can automatically "push" the print queue personality settings to every client who uses the queues?

Clients - W7 & W10

Print Server OS - Server 2012

Applications used - MS Office Suite, MicroStation, BentleyView, Bluebeam, G Technology Suite

808bty, Jan 1, 2020
  3. gerryex Win User
    Automatically show print queue?

Hi Brink,

Thanks for the suggestion as I am already using the notification area icon to bring up the queue. I also saw the other thread about making a shortcut for the queue and may give that try.

But I would still like to have the queue popup automatically when a print job is started. So if there are any other suggestions I would welcome them!

Thanks,
    Gerry

gerryex, Jan 1, 2020
  4. print queue

Print Queue Personality Configuration

This Community is mainly for home users and their computer problems, not business systems.

Kindly post your question in the TechNet Server Forums.

Technet forums - Windows Server

TechNet Forums:

Technet forums

MSDN Forums:

Msdn forums

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

print queue

1. print queue - Similar Threads - print queue

2. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  3. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  4. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  6. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  7. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  9. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  10. Print queue fills up with about 200 print jobs just by printing once! Printing is extremely...

Print queue fills up with about 200 print jobs just by printing once! Printing is extremely...: HIWhen I print the windows test page it is printed in 2 seconds!When I print from my receipt software people come in and pay bills etc my printer prints in about 20 seconds!I noticed that the windows print queue fills up with more than 200 print jobs. I suspect that this is...