Windows 10: Print Queues in Device Manager.

Discus and support Print Queues in Device Manager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really don't remember if these existed in Windows 8.x or Windows 7, but this isn't the issue. What I find when I start up Windows 10 it takes about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by streetwolf, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Print Queues in Device Manager.

I really don't remember if these existed in Windows 8.x or Windows 7, but this isn't the issue. What I find when I start up Windows 10 it takes about 2-3 minutes for Print Queues to even show up in DM. I am assuming you need to have a printer (Duh).

I have two entries under Print Queues:

1. My Brother AIO printer.
    2. Root Print Queue. (whatever this is)

When you guys start up Windows 10 and open up DM does anyone else notice that Print Queues takes awhile to appear? I'm more curious than concerned. I am wondering what's going on under the hood to make these entries appear 'late' considering everything else in DM appears very quickly.

I wonder if something is slowing down the process as it regards to Print Queues. Btw... AFAIK there is nothing in my print queues that still need printing unless there are phantom print jobs hiding there.

:)

streetwolf, Sep 10, 2015
  2. loyall Win User

Device Manager lists only one of my two printers on the PC running Windows 10.

Device Manager\View\Show hidden devices does not reveal my parallel-port printer.

Be aware that although this printer does not appear in Device Manager\Printers, it does have a queue in Device Manager\Print Queues

loyall, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Printer not visible in Windows 10 "Devices and Printers"

Thanks again.

In Device Manager I find that the Print Queues node lists the following:

Fax

Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Root Print Queue

Send to OneNote 2013

There is no Printers node listed.

Traveller43516, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Print Queues in Device Manager.

1. Print Queues in Device Manager. - Similar Threads - Print Queues Device

2. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  3. Print Queue - view

Print Queue - view: Hi, how can I switch to the list view at the Print Queue?I need to review and check several print jobs in the company print queue and current Tiles view in Win 11 is not sufficient.Thank you for advice...
  4. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  8. Print Queue Issue

Print Queue Issue: Hello! I am having persistent issues on numerous units where the print jobs will get stuck in the print queue. I am able to fix the error by restarting the spooler everytime, however, this is happening on unattended devices used to print receipts, so I restarting the...
  9. Device Manager > Print Queues Empty

Device Manager > Print Queues Empty: Hi all I have a friend who wanted help to install his USB printer, but after over a stupid hour of trying to get it to work and event detected it either came up with print was error and wont print or print was paused, eventually I went to check Printer spooler to clear it...
  10. What Is The New Printer Queues For In The Device Manager?

What Is The New Printer Queues For In The Device Manager?: In the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 there is a new category called PRINTER QUEUES. Does this take the place of the PRINTER listing, and if it does why did they change the name of it? 58978

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print queues in device manager

2. print queues vs printer in device manager

3. device manager print queues vs printers

4. print queue manager,
  5. devices and printers versus print queue,
  6. device manager printer queue vs priunter,
  7. device manager doesnt list printers only queue,
  8. printer not listed in device manager printer queue,
  9. what are print queues in device manager,
  10. device manager printer vs print queue,
  11. onenote print queue device manager,