Windows 10: Print scaling.

Discus and support Print scaling. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When we updated to win 10 at work I got a problem print shipping labels. It auto chooses "fit to sice" and the label becomes very small. When I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hermodwib, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Hermodwib Win User

Print scaling.

When we updated to win 10 at work I got a problem print shipping labels. It auto chooses "fit to sice" and the label becomes very small. When I change to "actuall sice" the label becomes the correct sice. This makes printing many labels a unnecessary large job. Is there a way to change settings so "actuall size" is auto chosen.

The label is a pdf format and opens in edge.

:)

Hermodwib, Mar 12, 2020

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10

Hi Kati,

I would like to inform you that Scaling is controlled by the PDF application - it is not set in the file. Refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Scale or resize PDF pages in Acrobat or Reader for printing
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Print scaling.

custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Thank you for your reply, but control key + p only takes me to the same limited menu that I was using before, which is the 'more settings' tab in the menu I am provided when left tapping the printer icon in the upper right corner of the screen with pdf image
    I am trying to scale and print. There is no option for scaling on that menu. Perhaps there is on your screen. As mentioned, in previous versions of Windows, if one wished to really dig deeply into printer settings they could, and all from the same place in
    tools, right where it should be, under print options. Perhaps you are seeing something different than I. Please try scaling and printing a pdf document in different sizes from windows 10 and let me know what happens. Perhaps I am missing something simple.

Otherwise, am I missing something here, or is Microsoft imagining that their consumers want fewer choices on a non-intuitive platform, rather than as many choices as are possible, arrayed on an easy to use intuitive platform?

AndreaPirzio-Biroli, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Print scaling.

1. Print scaling. - Similar Threads - Print scaling

2. why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11: Hello,The problem occurs no matter where I'm printing from eBay labels, PDF doc, Google doc, print from within File Explorer, etc.In the print dialog pop-up box, where you can see the print preview, along the left sideyou can scroll down to "Scale %". As soon as I choose any...
  3. why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11: Hello,The problem occurs no matter where I'm printing from eBay labels, PDF doc, Google doc, print from within File Explorer, etc.In the print dialog pop-up box, where you can see the print preview, along the left sideyou can scroll down to "Scale %". As soon as I choose any...
  4. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update: Since the update, I am unable to scale down my labels as I used to when I scale down from the size to 90% or 80%. It is showing a blank page if I go back to 100% it shows the label nothing wrong with my printer, it lies within the update I believe as far as I never had a...
  5. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update: Since the update, I am unable to scale down my labels as I used to when I scale down from the size to 90% or 80%. It is showing a blank page if I go back to 100% it shows the label nothing wrong with my printer, it lies within the update I believe as far as I never had a...
  6. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

7. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  8. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  9. Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page: First, I don't know who programs the print dialogue for Windows - the specific print driver or is it MS?If it is MS, then in the print dialogue for Adobe Acrobat Reader the Custom Scale shrinks the material on each page, but it does not suck up material from the following...
  10. Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page

Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page: First, I don't know who programs the print dialogue for Windows - the specific print driver or is it MS?If it is MS, then in the print dialogue for Adobe Acrobat Reader the Custom Scale shrinks the material on each page, but it does not suck up material from the following...