Windows 10: Print screen and wandering cursor

Discus and support Print screen and wandering cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my Surface. Suddenly "Prtsc" button stopped working. At the same time the cursor started dancing all over the place once I touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pal2all, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Pal2all Win User

Print screen and wandering cursor

I have Windows 10 on my Surface. Suddenly "Prtsc" button stopped working. At the same time the cursor started dancing all over the place once I touch the touch pad. These two started happening since the automatic update (I think). Any body experienced the same? Any solution. BTW I tried clicking Windows button and "Prtsc" button simultaneously etc and it did not work. Tried decreasing the sensitivity of the touch pad and it did not work for the cursor problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

Pal2all, Sep 27, 2018

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 27, 2018
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Print screen and wandering cursor - Similar Threads - Print screen wandering

2. my laptop screen and words are going pink. I wander how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop screen and words are going pink. I wander how to fix this: Hello i have a ideapad z580 it has updated over the years from window 8 to 8.1 and years ago to windows 10 and its been working great for 8 years. But now the screen and all words goes pink and taskbar turns green and pink and it jumps up a inch for 3 seconds then back to...
  3. my laptop screen and words are going pink. I wander how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop screen and words are going pink. I wander how to fix this: Hello i have a ideapad z580 it has updated over the years from window 8 to 8.1 and years ago to windows 10 and its been working great for 8 years. But now the screen and all words goes pink and taskbar turns green and pink and it jumps up a inch for 3 seconds then back to...
  4. my laptop screen and words are going pink. I wander how to fix this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing/Wandering SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing/Wandering SSD: I have an odd issue. One of my SSD dives disappears seemingly randomly, even if i'm running a program off of it. program will freeze, shut down, and produce an error #134 If i restart it might be there but maybe not. When it comes back it has all of the files, so its not...
  6. Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...: Alt + Print Screen and Ctrl + Print Screen work fine on Windows 10 Enterprise when I use them at work, but when I try to use the commands on my home computer with Windows 10 Home, none of the options work. I realize I can use the snipping tool, but why would I want to take...
  7. print screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    print screen: Does no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/print-screen/3ac01f09-9eba-4607-85af-f15f3a9db718
  8. Wandering desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...
  9. Print Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Screen: I was using print screen and it just quit. I see many ways to do it but mine just doesn't function. Any ides appreciated Thanks 101896
  10. Icons wandering

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons wandering: I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary...