Windows 10: Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10?

Discus and support Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my old HP PC (Windows 7), I can't remember how, but somehow I was able to get my PC to regularly use the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DLee12, Jun 28, 2021.

1. DLee12 Win User

Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10?

On my old HP PC (Windows 7), I can't remember how, but somehow I was able to get my PC to regularly use the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard to take a screenshot that I could then open on the clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7. But now, on my new Dell PC (Windows 10), whenever I hit the "Print Screen" button (I've also tried using ALT-PRINT SCREEN), and then open the clipboard in CPP7, all I get is just some illegible text of something I had copied earlier before rather than a screenshot. Why? I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that there was a way in Windows 7 to set certain types of files to open with certain programs, and I think getting the Print Screen button to work with the clipboard in CPP7 was likely related to that procedure, and unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how to do anything like that with Windows 10, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

:)

DLee12, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Linus Win User

Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running

Whenever I have Corel Photo Paint X8 running, Microsoft Excel 2016 takes a very long time to open when I double click on an xls file; but it will open eventually. If I close Corel Photo Paint while waiting, Excel opens immediately. This does not apply for xlsx files (as opposed to xls). When Excel is already running, xls files are also openned immediately.

I made this video demonstrating the behaviour.

I already tried reinstalling both Corel Draw Graphics Suite and Office 2016 to no avail.
    The Windows task manager shows me that Excel is in fact not running until I see its green splash screen.
    Any ideas how to get to the bottom of this? Thanks!

Linus, Jun 28, 2021
  3. JoanneMar Win User
    Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 Incompatible

Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 worked fine with Windows 7, and all other versions of the software right down to Psp 9 work in Windows 10, except this one. Anyone have a fix or suggestion?

Thanks,

Joanne

JoanneMar, Jun 28, 2021
  4. BetwixtAg Win User

Pasting from clipboard

Thank you, The first suggestion worked. The second did also provided I did not click in the Paint window first.

I'd spent some time trying to work it out for myself but was fooled by the clipboard window always closing prematurely. So thanks again.

Also thanks to Frederick, although solved, I've noted your alternative suggestion.

BetwixtAg, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Print screen button

2. Corel Word Perfect 7 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel Word Perfect 7 on Windows 10: Just bought a NEW WP7 CD to install on my computer as I still have many WP7 files. It will not let me download it, it says that it will not work with Win10, need win95. I tried the compatibility checker and still will not load. Any suggestions????...
  3. Corel Word Perfect 7 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel Word Perfect 7 on Windows 10: Just bought a NEW WP7 CD to install on my computer as I still have many WP7 files. It will not let me download it, it says that it will not work with Win10, need win95. I tried the compatibility checker and still will not load. Any suggestions????...
  4. Corel Word Perfect 7 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Print screen button and combinations brings nothing to clipboard, no screenshots in dropbox...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print screen button and combinations brings nothing to clipboard, no screenshots in dropbox...: Hi everyone, I've read similar questions in this board but the answers provided are never applicable to me for reasons I will illustrate below, and this issue is frustrating me to no end. I have a GXT 865 gaming keyboard, working on a desktop, I have windows 10. I have an...
  6. Printing a photo using Paint

Printing a photo using Paint: I'm trying to print a photo that I opened with paint & all that prints out is mostly alternate lines of gray & light pink color. I have an idea that something got changed with the colors, but I can't seem to come up with a solution. I don't want it to print in Paint 3D, if...
  7. Paint - Print Screen

Paint - Print Screen: Have used print screen to capture a screenshot. Where are the files please?*Redface 141697
  8. Print Screen Button

Print Screen Button: Hello, I'm trying to find the pictures I thought I was saving when I pressed the (Print/Scrn/SysRq) button, but I don't see any letter/names located at the Top of the screen as instructed from the manual to look for once I open site. I'm telling you this was a piece of...
  9. Corel Draw 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corel Draw 7: I've installed Corel Draw 7 onto my Windows 10 laptop and every time I click anywhere within the Corel opened programme WINDOWS HELP/SUPPORT window opens automatically, sometimes multiple times, PLEASE how can I stop this happening....
  10. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...