Windows 10: print screen button incorrect result

Discus and support print screen button incorrect result in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; in Settings I enabled a "print screen" button that allows to take a screen shot just by clicking on the key on your keyboard, and it seems to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by denis t, Apr 10, 2020.

1. denis t Win User

print screen button incorrect result

in Settings I enabled a "print screen" button that allows to take a screen shot just by clicking on the key on your keyboard, and it seems to be a great feature and works easy, but the problem is that if I need to take a screenshot of my Desktop, THIS completely erases my clipboard history ! MOREover if I make another one, the new picture not appears next in clipboard history WIN + V, but just replases the previous one ! it happens only with Desktop screenshots, both window and Full Screen mode, but when I take a pic of web browser or MS Word window, no such problem occurs. Please guide me if I can fix it ?

:)

denis t, Apr 10, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Print Screen Button

Is there any way to control the options for just this one button as I want to leave my F keys as the default as I use F Keys as hotkeys in some games but I really would like the Print Screen option to be the default for that key.

I have an HP where you can swap the F functions but it all or none. Maybe someone can suggest a Print Screen shortcut or you can use a separate program like Lightshot or Snipping tool for cutouts. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Print screen only prints last copied material

Hi Noor,

Your question does not contain all the required information need us to help you.

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Are you able to save the print screen to any applications? Example: Paint or Microsoft Word.

• How are you trying to accessing the print screen option?

If you have a print screen button (PrtScn) in the keyboard, I suggest you to use the same and verify the result. You may also try taking the print screen for a particular window by pressing Alt + PrtScn button and verify the result.

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Dave1776 Win User

Print Screen Button

Hi All

On my old laptops keyboard the Print Screen button was on the main keyboard and even when I changed how the F keys work in the Bios I had no problem as Prt Sc was the default action for that button.

On my new laptop though I noticed that the Print Screen button now shares space with the END key but it's on the Calculator side of the keyboard. Problem is the default for this button is END rather then Print Screen. I have to use the FN button to use Print Screen.

Is there any way to control the options for just this one button as I want to leave my F keys as the default as I use F Keys as hotkeys in some games but I really would like the Print Screen option to be the default for that key.

So is there a way to reverse that one key or am I stuck with it being defaulted to END?

If so how do I swap this one keys default?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave1776, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. print screen button incorrect result - Similar Threads - print screen button

2. Print Result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Result: Dear Brothers & Sisters.i have question about result of printing document.every time I print a document there is always a border on my printout. This border is always annoying because my printouts are always truncated. can anyone explain why and how to solve it?...
  3. Print Result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Result: Dear Brothers & Sisters.i have question about result of printing document.every time I print a document there is always a border on my printout. This border is always annoying because my printouts are always truncated. can anyone explain why and how to solve it?...
  4. Print Screen Button not on new keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen Button not on new keyboard: I just bought a Microsoft Buetooth Desktop QHG-00025 Keyboard and Mouse set, and there is no Print Screen key. The Windows + FN + Space does not work either. I need to know how to take a screenshot with this keyboard. I used Windows + Print Screen every day many times, please...
  5. Print Screen Button not on new keyboard

Print Screen Button not on new keyboard: I just bought a Microsoft Buetooth Desktop QHG-00025 Keyboard and Mouse set, and there is no Print Screen key. The Windows + FN + Space does not work either. I need to know how to take a screenshot with this keyboard. I used Windows + Print Screen every day many times, please...
  6. incorrect speed test results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect speed test results: i do not use wifi in my home,,my 3 laptops are hard wired through a router into a modemspectrum. on 2 of the pcs the speedtest results are correct based on my observation of how fast i can download/upload pages. the download speed is close to 100, which is what i'm paying...
  7. Print Screen Button not on new keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Screen Button not on new keyboard: I just bought a Microsoft Buetooth Desktop QHG-00001 Keyboard and there is no Print Screen key. The Windows + FN + Space does not work either. I need to know how to take a screenshot with this keyboard. Using the Snipping Tool is annoying and takes forever. Please...
  8. Print Screen Button

Print Screen Button: Hello, I'm trying to find the pictures I thought I was saving when I pressed the (Print/Scrn/SysRq) button, but I don't see any letter/names located at the Top of the screen as instructed from the manual to look for once I open site. I'm telling you this was a piece of...
  9. Print Screen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen button: Print screen button used to save to photos now not working, also pressing snipping tool make page you wish to snip disappear! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-button/55850b92-a5ed-4689-b558-ed77c1d60b20
  10. Print Screen Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Screen Button: Hi All On my old laptops keyboard the Print Screen button was on the main keyboard and even when I changed how the F keys work in the Bios I had no problem as Prt Sc was the default action for that button. On my new laptop though I noticed that the Print Screen button now...