Windows 10: Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image

Discus and support Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image. The image produced is missing the bottom and right side of the screen display in the captured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D_1853, Nov 18, 2018.

1. D_1853 Win User

Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image

Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image.

The image produced is missing the bottom and right side of the screen display in the captured image.

I'm sure I have a default setting higher for viewing resolution because of vision issues.

What to do?

Thanks!

:)

D_1853, Nov 18, 2018

2. Screen Capture

Hi, LisaFagan

You can take a screenshot by following the steps below. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and saved in the Screenshots folder inside your Pictures folder.

PC:

1.- Configure on your screen what you want to appear in the capture.

2.- Press Windows key + Print to capture the image.

Tablet:

1.- Configure on your screen what you want to appear in the capture.

2.- Press Windows key + volume down button to capture the image.

PhillipCaprio, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Print window popping up off screen

Look at the print window on the bottom half of the attached image, it's out of the screen. I have to drag it up to click the print button.

Kantastic, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image - Similar Threads - Print Screen button

2. My screen captures aren't full screen for an unknown reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My screen captures aren't full screen for an unknown reason: Lately, all of my screen captures aren't in full screen. Instead, they'll take up about 75% of the screen. The captures will be set in the upper left corner of the screen with black space on the right and bottom side of the screen. Any advice on what to do would be...
  3. Browser isn't in full screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser isn't in full screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  4. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.: HI, I have 4k monitor. When i press print screen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, the image is captured in 1920x1080 resolution on top left corner and the rest of the captured area is black. It does not capture 4k screenshot. Please help. [IMG]...
  5. Snipping tool won't capture full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool won't capture full screen: I'm using Windows 10, every time I want to use the snipping tool, I press Ctrl+Alt+A but the Snipping Tool can't capture the whole screen , the bottom and the right of the screen missing . It's annoying because Snipping Tool is the fastest way for me to capture something ....
  6. screen snip not capturing selected image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen snip not capturing selected image: I cannot get the screen snip tool to capture the image I select on my screen. Prior, I would select the screen snip tool from the Action Center, select the area to be captured and hear an audible chime. This would put the highlighted image on my clip board to be pasted...
  7. Print Screen changes background color of capture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Screen changes background color of capture: When I capture an image from the screen and paste to Paint 3D, Paint, Word, anything - it discolors the background to a pale beige-orange. Just recently started. Using Windows 10...
  8. Print Screen Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Screen Button: Hello, I'm trying to find the pictures I thought I was saving when I pressed the (Print/Scrn/SysRq) button, but I don't see any letter/names located at the Top of the screen as instructed from the manual to look for once I open site. I'm telling you this was a piece of...
  9. Print Screen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen button: Print screen button used to save to photos now not working, also pressing snipping tool make page you wish to snip disappear! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-button/55850b92-a5ed-4689-b558-ed77c1d60b20
  10. Print Screen Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Screen Button: Hi All On my old laptops keyboard the Print Screen button was on the main keyboard and even when I changed how the F keys work in the Bios I had no problem as Prt Sc was the default action for that button. On my new laptop though I noticed that the Print Screen button now...