Windows 10: Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

Discus and support Print screen capture scales images to low resolution. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI, I have 4k monitor. When i press print screen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, the image is captured in 1920x1080 resolution on top left corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by prabin dahal, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

HI,

I have 4k monitor. When i press print screen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, the image is captured in 1920x1080 resolution on top left corner and the rest of the captured area is black. It does not capture 4k screenshot. Please help.

Print screen capture scales images to low resolution. [​IMG]

:)

prabin dahal, Feb 1, 2020

2. Print Screen scales image to a lower resolution since installing Creators Edition

I have a Dell monitor with native resolution of 2560x1440. When using a print screen capture program, Windows 10 scales the full screen to 1920x1080 and places the image in the upper left corner (the remainder of the screen is black). I tried 4 or 5 different
    screen capture programs, all with the same result.

Setup/System/Display reports the recommended resolution is 1920x1080 which is incorrect. The cleartype adjuster correctly indicates that when the display is set to 2560x1440 it is at its native resolution. If I set the resolution to a different resolution,
    like 1920x1200, the capture matches exactly that screen. I tried re-installing the driver (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060).

This started when I upgraded to the Creators Edition, prior to that, everything worked correctly. I use screen capture a lot in writing and teaching so this is a big deal for me.

Larry Weber, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Print Screen resolution 28 rather than 72 ppi

Hello Chris,

To answer your question about the Print Screen feature in Windows 10, the feature captures your desktop according to its current resolution. If you scale your resolution to a higher setting, the image produced will be proportional to the current desktop
    resolution. It may be possible that the issue is with the app you are using to edit the images.

Just to be sure, we'd like to ask these questions to isolate the issue further:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue happening?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

Trouble with the Image Resolution when I use the print on paper option in 3D Builder.

Hi,

As per the description, you are going through a problem on image resolution editing.

To assist you better we would like know few details on this printing issue:

• After selecting the Zoomed Image, have you tried printing? If yes, did the print come in paper?

• Are the drivers updated with the latest versions?

• Which printer you are using?
    The image in screen shot looks like the resolution is too high, due to which the preview page shows the straight line in curve shape. Hence we would request you to please edit the resolution as per A4 sheet printer.

The image needs to be 2480 x 3508 pixels. This is the required resolution for quality offset printing that will be viewed from a short distance (such as books, brochures, magazines, calendars).

To edit the image in 3D builder please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Select the Image in 3D builder

Step 2: Bottom center page has three options:
    Move, Rotate and Scale.

Step 3: Select the Scale option and click on the image, you will be able to
    edit the resolution.

Step 4: Select the Print on Paper option in menu.

Hope the above steps will help you in editing the image so that it can be printed.
    If there are any difficulties in editing the resolution, please write back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

1. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution. - Similar Threads - Print screen capture

2. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  3. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  4. scaling hd resolution down to low res screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    scaling hd resolution down to low res screen: hey guys, new build on my part, using an older nvidia 980 card. custom build using a crt 1024x768 4:3 monitor. is there a way to scale down higher res content to my lower res monitor? im picturing 16:9 content, 1920x1080, being letterboxed on my screen. any ideas?...
  5. PrtScn images low resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PrtScn images low resolution: When pasting the image of a screen using PrtScn the image pasted is in very low reolution. Windows is 10 fully updated. Why the PrtScn images have lower resolution than the resolution seen on thescreen ? How to PrtScn and paste the screen image taken with the actual screen...
  6. Custom scaling for low resolution screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom scaling for low resolution screens: Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price range) and I just know the size of the windows and text and everything won't give me enough "real estate" so to speak, and...
  7. Games Are In Low Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Are In Low Screen Resolution: Help All My Games Are In Low Screen Resolution These Games Are Not Made By Xbox Or Supported By Xbox Its Just Plain Old Games I Believe They Are From The 2000s And The Windows Taskbar Shows When I'm Playing Games In Full Screen The Games I Have Is: CueClub Subway Surfurs...
  8. Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image

Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image: Print Screen button isn't capturing full screen image. The image produced is missing the bottom and right side of the screen display in the captured image. I'm sure I have a default setting higher for viewing resolution because of vision issues. What to do? Thanks!...
  9. Highest resolution screen capture

Highest resolution screen capture: Hi everybody, For my thesis, I need highest resolution screen capture to print later. I tuned off Clear Type Text, but apparently it is not enough. I want also to increase color intensity to the highest level in Windows 10, but I did not find the "color intensity" in the...
  10. Screen Resolution and scaling

Screen Resolution and scaling: So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on screen right does anyone have any insight on how to maybe fix this problem?...