Windows 10: Print screen key randomly stopped working

Discus and support Print screen key randomly stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I have this problem and couldn't find a solution through googling. My PrtScr just stopped working - I noticed it through playing Final Fantasy 14,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shavothe, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Print screen key randomly stopped working

Hey, I have this problem and couldn't find a solution through googling. My PrtScr just stopped working - I noticed it through playing Final Fantasy 14, where it's keybind to take a screenshot from the game directly into a folder. It worked just fine a couple of days ago, but since yesterday when I tried to take a screenshot, the usual message of "The screenshot has been taken" didn't show up, nor did the screnshot appear in the folder. I tried to use it outside of the game, which normally should save a screenshot into the clipboard, but that didn't happen either. It's like the whole function has just stopped.

As I said, I tried googling, but literally everything I could find is other methods of taking screenshots (which is not helping, because it doesn't solve the problem, it just circumvents it), or that the fault is in One Drive, which supposedly overwrites taking screenshots - which I don't think is the case, since I've been using it for as long I have my laptop, and the problem occured like 2-3 days ago; I did uncheck the screenshot autosave box just in case, but to no avail.

All my drivers are up to date, I also didn't install any new software that could overwrite the key in the past 2 weeks. I'm seriously at a loss here, if anyone have any idea how to free my poor PrtScr button, please help.

My specs if needed:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18362

Dell G5 5587 x64-based PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 MHz, Cores: 6, Logical processors: 12

Nvidia GeForce GTX

submitted by /u/shavothe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shavothe, Nov 20, 2019

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Print Screen Key

Depending on the PC or keyboard, on some devices it is required to press the Print Screen key in conjunction with another key, ie: 'Print Screen + Winkey' or + FN key or + Shift key, try the list combinations and see how it goes!!!!!!

Shilohbob, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Print screen key randomly stopped working

Win key + Print Screen SystRq not always working to take and save screenshots.

Hello Benoy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• When you press Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq, does your computer's screen somehow dim for a moment? Also, after pressing Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq and press Ctrl + V in Paint, does the screenshot appears?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?

To save your screenshot as a file, it would depend on the key combination that will trigger to capture a screenshot and automatically save it to the Screenshots folder. Here are some examples of print screen key combination depending on the manufacturer
    of the device (Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrintScrn, or Windows logo key + Fn + PrintScrn)

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Print screen key randomly stopped working

1. Print screen key randomly stopped working - Similar Threads - Print screen key

2. Random Keys Stop working and start working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Keys Stop working and start working.: my "five and six" keys along with my cntrl key stop working randomly. When one starts working again, they all start working again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my keyboard drivers. I have windows 11. Not sure how to proceed....
  3. Random Keys Stop working and start working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Keys Stop working and start working.: my "five and six" keys along with my cntrl key stop working randomly. When one starts working again, they all start working again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my keyboard drivers. I have windows 11. Not sure how to proceed....
  4. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen stopped working: Print Screen worked when I purchased computer in Dec., Now it does not work. I have a Asus Tuff Gaming Computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-stopped-working/1ac72d85-f8ea-46a3-9d61-b25994a8bf74
  5. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen stopped working: I have an ASUS laptop Q427FL, the equivalent of a Zen Flip 14". Specs no longer listed online. But I don't think it is the computer hardware. Forever I've been able to print screen with the keyboard button. Just "Prt Sc", no windows key, nothing. It worked last on 2 March....
  6. Touch Screen Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Screen Randomly Stopped Working: Hello. I own a Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB. Its been almost 2 Years of time I am using this. My Touch was working fine till now. Today don't know how it stopped working. I never dropped my laptop, not any water spill issue. I tried reinstalling HID touch screen drivers, didn't...
  7. some keys randomly stop working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    some keys randomly stop working.: Hi everyone My asus laptop is doing this weird thing, where everytime I turn it on or wake it up some keys are not working ( like A, D, F, J, K, L, ; , Esc ). They will eventually start working, after about 15 minutes... I changed the keyboard once, because of the same...
  8. Print Screen key doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Screen key doesn't work: After recently installing Office 365, the Print Screen key no longer works, nor does Alt+PrintScreen. Does nothing. I have restarted twice and also did a full shut down. No help. Please provide a fix....
  9. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Screen stopped working: Hello, I just recently ran into a problem where Winkey + PrntScrn stopped working. I used to do it and it would just save the screen capture into my screenshots folder but it isn't working. I have looked around a bit and found that there is some issue with the xbox app or...
  10. Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed: I love having a quick shortcut to grab a screenshots but it seems when I need it the most/immediately it does not respond. Also until quite recently, say a month ago it would just go a little grey on the screen and a semi transparent copy of the screen would woosh away to the...